Citibank New Commercial Theme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Negative Design:

I haven't seen the commercial, but I did some checking around the web. This song got mentioned as a possibility. I'm not saying it necessarily is. Only a possibility.

Thievery Corporation
Album: Mirror Conspiracy
Cut: Indra

Here is a legal clip-the only type we are allowed to discuss on this forum, the Moderators tell me, :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...2003-8778422?v=glance&s=music#product-details

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

It's funny. You would think that there would be a site where there would be commercials for downloading. I mean, they are commercials-the advertisers want you to see them. The best thing that can happen to a commercial is that it becomes popular and it sticks in people's minds. Yet, the commercials are not downloadable. Odd.

whoa i learned something new... i didnt know you coudnt DL commercials...i think you cant DL the MUSIC in them:confused: :scratch:
oh well..lol

thanks for the help buddy :) unfortunately indra wasnt the song but it sounds familiar the the tone of the song, im going to scope the whle album to see if i can find it:)

ok i finished scoping some of their albums....and im broken :bawling: i dont think they made the song :(

..::SigH::.. oh well i guess i have to ..give...up now :(

(the song is kinda "hip Hoppish" a trance-like melody there is a kid jumping into the water in the commercial) I hope some one can help b4 my ISP goes down.

Thanks 4 the help :)

Joined 2001
Negative Design:

I don't know for a fact that you cannot d/l commercials, I just haven't found a site for it yet. I was just commenting that you would think the companies who pay good money for those commercials would want people to able to access them anytime-after all they pay millions of dollars to the TV networks to show them to you for free!! :)

kelticwizard said:

I know something about ISP's from my participation in www.freedomlist.com There are lots of them out there, many incredibly cheap.

Your flag says Haiti, but aren't you in New York?

What is the problem?

ewww 56k...::ShriverS::.. i cant go back to 56k
:bigeyes: :bawling: :bawling: im used to DL-ling LOTS of software/games/movies etc i hate 56k :(

yes im in NY and theres nothing wrong :)
my background is Haiti....plus is matches my Avatar:cool: :devilr:

about the commercials im almost POSITIVE you can do whatever you want with them except selling em. I remember Downloading many SEGA comms and some BMW directly from their website,and yahoo.com has the new beyonce pepsi comm (which SUX IMO)

Joined 2001
Negative Design:

I guess I didn't phrase things correctly. There is nothing wrong with being from Haiti or having Haitian ancestors and being in New York. I meant to say, "What is the problem with your ISP?" The ISP situation in Haiti is of course different from the one in the United States.

As far as the ISP situation goes, yes I can see you never wanting to go back to 56K. However, usually when someone says "ISP", he usually means dialup. That is because there are hundreds of dialup ISP's, while for most of the USA broadband is only available from their cable company or the phone company. Oh, yes, and AOL DSL too. That limits things quite a bit. So when you said you were waiting for your ISP to go down, I thought you meant 56K.

Anyway, when I come across a Citibank commercial I will pay attention and see if I can identify the music. Usually, but not always, I can.

Incidentally, in my Google search I see other people asking the same question on other boards. This might not be the best board to ask, because between DIYing their stereo and using the computer, I have a hunch most of the people here are not that much into televison. So ask around other boards.

no, you phrased it perfectly fine,

I phrased it wrong, i know u didnt mean it in a bad way :)

i dont want to go back to 56k but im affraid i will have to

:bawling: :bawling: thanks for the sites and help :)

i saw the other ppl search for the SAME song too..lol
and i searched on ther forums too but none answered.

"DIYing their stereo and using the computer"

well speaking of which, do u know anything about the logitech Z 640 5.1 speakers? i need some new spks, and im not into DIY audio..yet..

thanks

Joined 2001
Negative Design said:
i dont want to go back to 56k but im affraid i will have to

:bawling: :bawling: thanks for the sites and help :)

I've been using www.yellowstone.net for a couple of years. It's never down. $10 a month. Unlimited service-no cutoffs except when you walk away from the computer for 20 minutes. If you are downloading, it won't cut you off even if you are away for many hours. A friend has downloaded 3,000 songs the past year and a half by setting his downloads before he goes to bed, and waking up with the downloads all done. He did this by using Yellowstone dialup. Some companies like NetZero knock you off after a couple of hours. Not these guys. Sure, dialup is slow, but at least these people don't cut you off. Check "ISP" on their home page. If you absolutely have to go to 56K, at least you shouldn't have to pay a lot to do it. Freedomlist lists some other ISP's that are $8 a month or less and also good.

As for online games, I don't use them. However, other people at Freedomlist who use dialup say that Yellowstone does not knock them off even when they are playing for five or six hours or more. Seems to me that is a lot of time to be at a keyboard, but anyway they aren't getting knocked off. I think Yellowstone's website says something about a 200 hour a month limit but they apparently never enforce it. I know people who are on it for more than 200 hours a month, I'll tell you that.

It obvously will be a disappointment to go from broadband to dialup. But if you choose the right ISP, at least you can do the same things you were doing before, just slower. I don't know if the online games even go slower on dialup, I only know that other people say they can play them with no cutoffs.

i saw the other ppl search for the SAME song too..lol
and i searched on ther forums too but none answered.

Yes, and I also noticed they asked some weeks ago and they posted their Email address. If I were you, I would Email them and ask if they found out the song yet. If they haven't and you do find the song, Email them back.

well speaking of which, do u know anything about the logitech Z 640 5.1 speakers? i need some new spks, and im not into DIY audio..yet..

Can't help you there. But I do think that if you start a thread here, you probably can find out a way to build a new subwoofer for cheap that will blow the doors off anything you can buy at a reasonable price. I think subs are the key to a computer speaker setup. www.partsexpress.com generally has something on sale from a quality speaker manufacturer, and the people here will be glad to tell you how to build the box.

if only there was a guide that shows how to build a speaker system :(:scratch: i'd love to build a system, my current is a benwin 4.1 (its ok but i want more) do u have a diy system of any kind?

B4 i had DSL i had Metconnect, 100% free 100% no banners or bs :) but it only available in NY, luckily im in NYC :D i rarely got cut off, like once or twice in a 6 day period i would just leave it on at night to DL huge files, and i played online games all the time with it.the only down side is..that once you connect yuo shouldnt disconnect..bcuz its HARD to get back on, so i would leave it on for HOURS, but i cant complain since its free;) i've never paid for dialup....ONLY when i had my webtv...

"Yes, and I also noticed they asked some weeks ago and they posted their Email address. If I were you, I would Email them and ask if they found out the song yet. If they haven't and you do find the song, Email them back"

I emailed but got no response i assume that person was unsuccessful in her search.

at pricewatch i saw one for 34, around 40$ shipped, im thinking of buying one but im still exploring the DIY route since this would give me A LOT more power, the Z 680 version is 400$ :bigeyes:
so there an obvios difference in these two.

on ebay i see 400 w RMS subs that are cheaper than retail whole systems, if only i knew how to use one...

Joined 2001
Negative Design said:
on ebay i see 400 w RMS subs that are cheaper than retail whole systems, if only i knew how to use one...

Is Metconnect still operating?

When they say "400 Watt sub" I think they are talking about the amount of power the sub can absorb, not how much power is in the sub amp. Are you sure these are powered subs you are talking about?

To hook a powered sub up to your computer, get a Y connector from the Line Out of Speaker Out of your Sound Card. Get a plug that goes from one branch of the Y to go to the subwoofer input, and one branch of the Y to go to the satellite speakers. That should work.

Joined 2001
You know-a computer speaker setup with two small satellites and subwoofer. The subwoofer generally has it's own amplifier inside the box.

Many of these subwoofers have a 15 watt amp inside the sub box, and I was thinking that you could just substitute a better box and driver, but keep the amp. Just build a better box and speaker around the already existing sub amp, LOL.

For a computer setup, 15 watts is pretty loud. For many years, a 15 or 20 watt per channel receiver was what people had for their home system, and it was considered plenty loud. Indeed, for tube amps, 15 or 20 watts is still considered a good size amp.

So it can drive things loud.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.