Drum'n'Bass Artists

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in search of cds that have drum and bass recordings. I have searched around the threads and not found what I think I am looking for.

I got hooked onto the sound when listening to my friend on bass and another on drums, and they were quite amazing. I know I've heard some before, but I cant figure out who it is, and I have none in my collection as of yet.

Im looking for electric bass and acoustic drum, not any jazz type acoustic bass or anything (yet, list these if you please).

Thank you for all reccomendations!

Drumm'n'bazz

I think I know exactly the thing you are looking for, the name of the band is OBAD (only bass and drum), they are a croatian band, and could be hard to find. For electronic drumm's there is:

Goldie: Timeless - one of the best d'n'b records

Photek: Form&Function

Peshay - this is it, I think

... Keith Jarret's trio has a good drummer - but that's jazz.
If you are searching (which I did a lot when I hooked with this music) - open up WinMX, or Kaazaa (yes it's illegal, but every artist I wanted to hear, I just downloaded some of he's stuff and decided to BUY a cd...), and search for: Photek - KJZ (that's the name of the song;), Goldie - Timeles (20 min song), Afro-Celt Sound System - they are an ethno-world music band, but wait till you hear their sound (try Riding the Waves)...
Happy Hunting!!

I'll second the Victor Wooten and Stanley Clarke nominations, and add Stefan Lessard (bass) and Carter Beauford from Dave Matthew's Band.

Victor and Carter are an awesome combo together too, as is Victor and his brother Roy (Future Man) from the Flecktones.

I cant believe no one has mentioned Square Pusher, or Bill Laswell, or Tabla Beat Science, or Zakir Hussein, or Talvin Sighn, or Karsh Kale. Do you like it funky, fast, rockin, it's kind of hard to suggest titles or artists when the genre hasnt been clearly defined. If you really meant drumnbass Id check into those guys. But you'll be strapped to find albums of just drums and bass. Check out Sad Happy thats close to just drums and bass. It rocks pretty hard too. Happy hunting

I'll second the Victor Wooten

I'll third it.

Add Oteil Burbridge, he's a master. I think he's with the Allman Brothers now, but he has done work solo and with the Aquarium rescue unit. If you can find him with Jeff Sipe (AKA Apartment Q258) on percussion, they are unbelievable together.

If you can accept large email attachments, I can send you a sample.

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.