Unknown Song!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ask here (or set your newsgroup reader to your local Usenet server and the newsgroup alt.music.lyrics):
Discussions - alt.music.lyrics | Google Groups
Here's one- I can't remember the name of the song, but the tune goes like, "dah-dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah dah de dah."
I remember that one, it's from the '60's!

ETA: I googled lyric lines, and was quite excited to find this:
http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?topic=32726.0
But a second glance shows it's just you posting the lyrics of the song and asking about it...

Last edited:
Of course it's me benb, I googled the lyrics already, no results. I posted there and here hoping someone knows the song.

I don't know if it had the word baby, I posted the lyrics I heard from that part on youtube, but this has took me to no where, no one seems knowing this song.

I also posted there in google lyrics as you suggested Looking for this song - alt.music.lyrics | Google Groups

Here is the part I got of the lyrics as well:

I was talking to emilia about my fear of flying
She said it's not the wings boy, it's your fear of dying
you are missing the point kid, it's more than just survival
It's more about the trip than the arrival
You got no problem, no crisis, I can see..
Some folks just wake up late, and only then begin to dream

Last edited:
Isn't there some kind of mobile phone service, where you ring a number, hold your phone up to the music, and it will text you with the track name and artist...

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, meant to be pretty good, too.
Googling:

phone find a song

finds several such services and "ideas" for finding songs. This link describes several:
Find the Name of that Song Even Without Knowing the Lyrics

If the song wasn't popular enough to be played on the radio, or wasn't published on a major music label, the chance of it being found in such a database goes down substantially. There are huge numbers of "indie" labels and bands who have self-recorded and self-produced their own musical recordings, and probably few of these get into the phone-in-a-sing databases.

thanks! it took ages for me to find what the song is, and now this silly spotify doesn't work in Jordan.. pitty.. I could not find the complete song, it is ripped at the end :S

Nah, it doesn't actually end there at 3:25 - there's another verse. The song is about 4:44 long. :D

You can buy it here: Pat Cusick | Rhymes With Music | CD Baby Music Store

Edit: I actually just bought it. $1.24 (Amelia_-_Rhymes_With_Music_-_Pat_Cusick.flac)

Edit#2: The loudness race hasn't been kind to this one...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.