Radio programs from the 1970's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back in the mid 1970's I used to listen to radio station WOI-AM out of Ames, Iowa. It was a public radio station that used to broadcast a lot of classical and contemporary jazz music. I was introduced to much music that was new to me and which I found to be stimulating and inspiring.

On weekday afternoons I would listen to a program entitled "Matinee". It was introduced by the music of Stravinsky's "Pulcinella". Does anyone remember this program, which I believe was nationally syndicated? Do you know the name of the announcer for the program? He had a familiar voice which was featured in a number of radio and television broadcasts of classical music.

Often, "Matinee" was immediately followed by a short program called "Encore". This program featured as its introduction a recording of a solo guitar playing an interesting passage from music that is not known to me. Does anyone know what theme music was used for "Encore"?

Finally, on Saturdays on WOI I would hear a program called "Today's Music---Music for Today" which featured contemporary jazz music. The announcer for this program had a distinctive voice which was also featured in a comic serial called "Huckleberry Raskolnikov" which appeared on the same program, and on a series of short travelogues which were broadcast on Iowa public television around the same time. Does anyone remember the name of this announcer?

These are questions which do not rise to the level of "nagging", but still present an occasional gentle nudge to my mind and memory. Can anyone answer them for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.