The piped organs with a most beautiful sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hillebrand/Hoppe organ at Bremervörde, Germany

On the third side of the same recording.
Wonderful sound, likewise.
I did not find it unfortunately from it any information.

Attachments

• lib2.jpg
    lib2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
One of the organs with a most beautiful sound sounded on the record I listened to now:

http://www.die-orgelseite.de/bilder/sample_3.jpg

Walter Kraft Bach Organ Music, Vol. VI. side 1-2

Not only its sound nice.:)

The best baroque classical organ recordings I've heard are on the Rieger organ at the Ratzeburg Cathedral. Several recordings by Peter Hurford on the London/Decca label.

Stratus; You've got a really nice organ there in LA.

If you like baroque -- we have a beautiful von Beckerath in Millburn NJ -- and there are concerts on the 3rd Sunday of each month. There's another von Beckerath in Cleveland across from my high school in an ancient (by US standards) Lutheran Church.

Schonstein has several very up to date installations in NYC -- one at Julliard, the other at St. James.

Stratus; You've got a really nice organ there in LA.

If you like baroque -- we have a beautiful von Beckerath in Millburn NJ -- and there are concerts on the 3rd Sunday of each month. There's another von Beckerath in Cleveland across from my high school in an ancient (by US standards) Lutheran Church.

Schonstein has several very up to date installations in NYC -- one at Julliard, the other at St. James.

You talking about the First Congregational Church in LA? I haven't heard the Orange County Performing Arts Center organ yet but it should be VERY impressive. The Ruffati in the bankrupt Crystal Cathedral is a bit raucous. There are a LOT of nice instruments out here with REAL 32 foot (16 Hz) stops.

The thing I like particularly about Ratzeburg is the entire combination of the room and the organ as if they were made for each other. First Congo church is a poured concrete building with a wood beam roof that sounds like a concrete room. Not the best and I believe churches should not be delivered in liquid form. I heard a Catholic church in Chicago with lots of marble trim with IIRC a Casavant organ. It looked AND sounded wonderful. If you can't afford the marble, I've heard some old lath and plaster rooms that were very pleasing.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.