Most annoying song you know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me make a little list of a few...

Pablo Cruise - Find Your Place in the Sun
Four Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
Boy George
I agree about Journey - Steve Perry's underwear was way too tight
Rush - same for Geddy Lee, described as "Daffy Duck on laughing gas"
Dan Fogelberg - Auld Ang Syne
Michael Murphy - Wildfire
Eddie money - anything, but esp Gimme some Water
For some reason, Laura Nyro's ranting style really gets up my nose
Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
ELO - Evil Woman
Paula Cole - I Don't Wanna Wait - pounded relentlessly by commercial radio
Barbara Streisand - her little vocal mannerisms irk me

I could go on, but the pre-vomit saliva is gushing....

Here's some more -

Orleans - Let There Be Music - another 70's yelper
Bruce Stringbean
Manfred Mann covering Stringbean, esp Blinded by the Light
Richard Harris's McArthur Park was bad enough, try Donna summer's cover...
Clint Holmes - Playground in My Mind
Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun
Rupert Holmes - Escape - oily, condescending, obnoxious,esp the way he gargles "lady"
Styx -Lady
Foreigner
Pat Benetar - Hell is for Children (and for the folks listening) Hit Me With your Best Shot is almost as bad
John Sebastian's Welcome Back used to drive my Dad frantic

Yeah, L/S PITA - it's interesting that as my system gradually improves, some of the old 'bug bears' like 'Spanish Harlem' are okay these days but the rather over manipulated "Raising Sand' that appears to be really well recorded as much of the Alison Kraus and Robert Plant music is, but this one seems to be intentionally overcompressed or line cut - pity really - just an old curmudgeon, I guess!

Yeah, 'Love Shack' earns a place here indeed

The song the ice cream man plays. Nursery rhyme jingle, synthesized bell sound. Played over and over as loud as possible, parked in front of my house for 20 minutes while all the little kiddies come feed at the sugar trough.

I used to tell the various ice cream trucks to "turn it down," "no soliciting in the neighborhood," "get off my lawn," like a grumpy old man, but then I realized I was just being an old fart and I should get excited for ice cream when I hear that little song, like Pavlovs dogs.

Oh, and also the New Age anthem, Pachelbel's Canon.
Here's a one hour long version to kill your brain cells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn2YGvIv0w

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.