How do people with hearing loss mix the treble in their songs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, many artists seem to play with their music/instruments/sounds, etc. up loud, and would lose their HF hearing ability. How do they still manage to mix all the HF stuff in while still maintaining a decent sound?

Can they really just rely on someone else who can still hear the HF's or a frequency response graph?

IMO It is like getting used to the sound of your mix monitors, you get used to the sound of your own ears.
Using your experience recording and mixing, knowing your equipment along with opionons of people you trust.
It's a matter of comparing your recordings to other recordings for overall balance. Then you can try cupping your hands over your ears to increase the sensitivity to higher frequencies. Also using spectrum analysers can help.

It usually isn't the engineer's fault.

so true....

you don't know how many times i had to destroy a perfect mix because the artist thought the vocal are not loud enough or some other B S .....

i'm a rock bass player and sound engineer.
you can imagine my HF hearing ability is not like it used to be ;)

the thing is, i know my monitors so well, i know how the whole complex of the mix should sound like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.