01 - Needle Of Death - Bert Jansch
02 - Candle of Life - Moody Blues
03 - Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
04 - Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
05 - Chelsea Hotel - Leonard Cohen
06 - American Pie - Don McLean
07 - To U - Salyu
08 - Mad World - Gary Jules
09 - Sending the Old Man Home - Jimmy Buffett (for similar reasons to Konzentr8's)
10 - Danny Boy - Eva Cassidy (one of those old chestnuts you thought you'd never want to hear again, but ... )
11 - Perfect Day - Lou Reed ( another deeply personal one that reminds me of an old friend who was involved in a fatal hit and run minutes after what turned out to be our last date.)
12 - Melancholy Man - Moody Blues (for those times when all you want to do is watch the rain fall, there were plenty when I was young)
13 - The Gunners Dream - Pink Floyd sad song, awesome sax solo
14 - For Today - Camel (I make a point of playing this every year on 11 Sept. Always brings a tear to the eye)

01 - Needle Of Death - Bert Jansch
02 - Candle of Life - Moody Blues
03 - Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
04 - Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
05 - Chelsea Hotel - Leonard Cohen
06 - American Pie - Don McLean
07 - To U - Salyu
08 - Mad World - Gary Jules
09 - Sending the Old Man Home - Jimmy Buffett (for similar reasons to Konzentr8's)
10 - Danny Boy - Eva Cassidy (one of those old chestnuts you thought you'd never want to hear again, but ... )
11 - Perfect Day - Lou Reed ( another deeply personal one that reminds me of an old friend who was involved in a fatal hit and run minutes after what turned out to be our last date.)
12 - Melancholy Man - Moody Blues (for those times when all you want to do is watch the rain fall, there were plenty when I was young)
13 - The Gunners Dream - Pink Floyd sad song, awesome sax solo
14 - For Today - Camel (I make a point of playing this every year on 11 Sept. Always brings a tear to the eye)
15 - Incommunicado - Jimmy Buffett (another that makes me think of my Father)

01 - A Pirate Looks at Forty - Bob Dylan & Joan Baez (Jimmy Buffett)
02 - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Bob Dylan (The Band)
03 - Man Of Constant Sorrow - Bob Dylan (Dick Burnett)
04 - Smokestack Lightning - Bob Dylan ( Howln' Wolf )
05 - House of the Rising Sun - Bob Dylan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMCGUvjJBs0 He has covered this several times, but I don't know who wrote it. It's from before the Animals made it a hit.

Rising Sun has no clear origin but the earliest known recording was in 1933 by Clarence Ashley , the recording that made it famous however was sung by a 16 year old girl Georgia Turner in 1941 .
It is speculated that the origin of the song was England and it was spread by early settlers in America .
Ashley claimed he had heard his Grandfather singing the song and learnt it from him.
Turner was unsure of where she had learnt it , it was " just one of those songs that locals sang "

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
01 - A Pirate Looks at Forty - Bob Dylan & Joan Baez (Jimmy Buffett)
02 - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Bob Dylan (The Band)
03 - Man Of Constant Sorrow - Bob Dylan (Dick Burnett)
04 - Smokestack Lightning - Bob Dylan (Howln' Wolf)
05 - House of the Rising Sun - Bob Dylan (Traditional)
06 - Baby Please Don't Go - Bob Dylan (Traditional)