The 15 Song Album collection:

01 - I Go To Rio - Peter Allen
02 - Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves) - Nightcore
03 - Вальс Москва - Гарик Сукачёв и Неприкасаемые (Walz Moscow - Garik Sukachev & Neprikasaemie)
04 - St. Louis Blues - George Thorogood & The Destroyers
05 - London Calling - The Clash
06 - München - Spider Murphy Gang
07 - Miss Sarajevo - Passengers
08 - Vancouver - Genesis
09 - St Moritz - Quintetto Lo Greco Bros
10 - Pigeon Flying Over Berlin Zoo - Ian Anderson
11 - Beer In Mexico - Kenny Chesney
12 - Barcelona - Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé
13 - Une Nuit a Paris - 10cc
14 - Melbourne vs Sydney - Dan Kelly
15 - Athens - Fred Frith

01 - Lay Down. (Candles In The Rain) - Melanie
02 - Wot - Captain Sensible
03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
05 - Wishing You Were Here - Chicago (July 17, 1974, $9 ticket bought with paper route money)
06 - Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix (opening for the Monkees in Miami, that night I learned that I would never be a guitar star)
07 - Anarchy in the U.K. - The Sex Pistols ( which led to me ripping all my clothes up pouring bleach on them and stealing all my baby sisters safety pins to hold it all together )

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
05 - Wishing You Were Here - Chicago (July 17, 1974, $9 ticket bought with paper route money)

06 - Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix (opening for the Monkees in Miami, that night I learned that I would never be a guitar star)

07 - Anarchy in the U.K. - The Sex Pistols ( which led to me ripping all my clothes up pouring bleach on them and stealing all my baby sisters safety pins to hold it all together )

08 - Phaedra - Tangerine Dream ( 31st October 1990. This was only an excerpt from the original Phaedra which was over 20 mins long, but was the best thing at that gig, though Linda Spa playing her saxophone ( not on this track ) provided some memorable eye candy )

This isn't moving along to well, so I will add the additional post of the first big open-air gig I was at. 1977, 60,000 people, Calder Park Raceway, Melbourne. Top acts - Fleetwood Mac, Carlos Santana, and local matadors, Little River Band. Many great songs, but the top song has to be F-Mac's first encore, -The Chain.

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
08 - Phaedra - Tangerine Dream ( 31st October 1990. This was... the best thing at that gig,...Linda Spa playing her saxophone ( not on this track ) provided some memorable eye candy )
09 - The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

This isn't moving along to well, ... possibly because having to admit to some of the stuff we listened to back then. :) My parents were friends with a guy called Adge Cutler who founded a popular U.K . band . I spent my childhood going with them to his gigs so i'll add one .

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
08 - Phaedra - Tangerine Dream ( 31st October 1990. This was... the best thing at that gig,...Linda Spa playing her saxophone ( not on this track ) provided some memorable eye candy )
10 - Drink Up Thy Zider - Adge Cutler & The Wurzels

Last edited:
At age 15 I heard King Crimson on the radio (no such music is ever played now a days) and I knew that finally someone had produced the kind of music I had been waiting for.

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
11 - King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
12 - Passion Play - Jethro Tull My first two big concerts were to be the two best shows out of the many over the years. ELP Brain Salad Surgery and JT Passion Play.

ELP Brain Salad Surgery and JT Passion Play.

I saw Tull on the tour to support the Stand Up album. In fact my original LP has the band members pop up in the center as you open up the record album. Tull played a free concert at the University of Miami that also featured Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and several south Florida bands. The concert went on from noon until late in the evening when Tull closed the show. A few scattered bits on Google tell me that this show happened May 16, 1970.

I saw ELP right after Lucky Man hit the radio. They played some music that I didn't recognize. It became obvious when Pictures at an exhibition came out. Saw them again for Brain Salad Surgery.....all excellent shows.

I heard King Crimson on the radio (no such music is ever played now a days)

I heard Epitaph on the radio late one night and was standing at the local "hippie" record store in Coconut Grove when they opened the next day to get that record......still have it!

This isn't moving along to well, ... possibly because having to admit to some of the stuff we listened to back then.

Maybe some of us have a hard time remembering which concert was actually our first. I think there were some concerts that I saw before Hendrix, but can't remember who, or where.....probably local Miami bands. Certainly none left the lasting impression that Hendrix did.

I saw the Moody Blues at least a dozen times over 40+ years, Pink Floyd 3 or 4 times, Metallica I think 5 times, One Lollapalooza,.....but after 40 years, they all blur together. There might be a reason for this?????

I was at the infamous Door's concert where Morrison allegedly exposed himself, but I can't tell you exactly what happened, and neither could many other people I knew who were there......could it be the "party favors" that were being passed out??????

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
12 - Passion Play - Jethro Tull My first two big concerts were to be the two best shows out of the many over the years. ELP Brain Salad Surgery and JT Passion Play
13 - Limelight - Rush My 1st concert happed on Moving Pictures tour 81-82ish??? (Although at the time 2112 & La Viila were my favs of the band, kinda still are)

Rush My 1st concert happed on Moving Pictures tour 81-82ish??? (Although at the time 2112 & La Viila were my favs of the band, kinda still are)

Moving Pictures is my favourite Rush album, but I like most of their stuff from around this era, started to go off them around Roll The Bones onwards, though haven't heard any of their most recent stuff, keep meaning to check it out.

03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
12 - Passion Play - Jethro Tull My first two big concerts were to be the two best shows out of the many over the years. ELP Brain Salad Surgery and JT Passion Play
13 - Limelight - Rush My 1st concert happed on Moving Pictures tour 81-82ish??? (Although at the time 2112 & La Viila were my favs of the band, kinda still are)
14 - Eternal Wheel - Ozric Tentacles ( Sometime in 1995+1996, there was a lot of heady smoke at both of those gigs! )

Last edited:
03 - Karn Evil 9 - ELP
04 - Yoo Doo Right - CAN
11 - 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
14 - Eternal Wheel - Ozric Tentacles ( Sometime in 1995+1996, there was a lot of heady smoke at both of those gigs! )
15 - Love and Miracles Out Of Nowhere - Kansas - Monolith tour, 1979? Milwaukee Arena. Took my sister's boyfriend's sister. Found out much later she was not interested in boys. Great show, incredible sound, tho' they did not play "Song for America".

Last edited by a moderator: