The 15 Song Album collection:

01 - FDR in Trinidad - Jimmy Buffett
02 - R.J. - Ron Carter (Miles Davis Quintet)
03 - S.A.T.O. - Ozzy Osbourne ( Sharon Arden Thelma Osbourne )
04 - H.C.Q. Strut - Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Youtube) (er, not one person but 5/Hot Club Quintet) (all I can think of)
05 - Who Shot J.R.? - Gary Burbank
06 - D. W. Washburn - The Monkees
07 - I.C.B. - New Order (rumored to mean Ian Curtis buried, ironically today is anniversary of death)
08 - C.E.D. - Joe Pass (Charles E. Dederich - cult leader of the Synanon cult)
09 - J.A.R. - Green Day ( Jason Andrew Relva )
10 - Mr P.C. - John Coltrane (Song title tribute to his bass player Paul Chambers)
11 - L.B.J. - Hair (from stage show musical, a song full of initials; Lyndon Baines Johnson - POTUS 36.
12 - MLK - U2 ( Martin Luther King)
13 - J.C. - Mecano (Jesus Christ)
14 - 2HB - Roxy Music (To Humphrey Bogart)

01 - FDR in Trinidad - Jimmy Buffett
02 - R.J. - Ron Carter (Miles Davis Quintet)
03 - S.A.T.O. - Ozzy Osbourne ( Sharon Arden Thelma Osbourne )
04 - H.C.Q. Strut - Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Youtube) (er, not one person but 5/Hot Club Quintet) (all I can think of)
05 - Who Shot J.R.? - Gary Burbank
06 - D. W. Washburn - The Monkees
07 - I.C.B. - New Order (rumored to mean Ian Curtis buried, ironically today is anniversary of death)
08 - C.E.D. - Joe Pass (Charles E. Dederich - cult leader of the Synanon cult)
09 - J.A.R. - Green Day ( Jason Andrew Relva )
10 - Mr P.C. - John Coltrane (Song title tribute to his bass player Paul Chambers)
11 - L.B.J. - Hair (from stage show musical, a song full of initials; Lyndon Baines Johnson - POTUS 36.
12 - MLK - U2 ( Martin Luther King)
13 - J.C. - Mecano (Jesus Christ)
14 - 2HB - Roxy Music (To Humphrey Bogart)
15 - Brain of JFK - Pearl Jam (J F Kennedy)

Ooer, I guess I've got to start one?
I don't know if this has been done, or even if 15 songs exist.
Strictly vinyl (unless you can show otherwise).
Endless songs/tunes.
Songs that continue into the run-out groove, play endlessly or until you lift the stylus.
I know 3. State whether from a single or, if from an album, the album title. Describe the non-ending.

01 - Action - Sweet (single). Action, Action, ......

May not be exactly what you require as it's not the 'song' .....

02 - A Day In The Life - The Beatles - Sgt Pepper - 15 kilohertz tone with Studio chatter
03 - Yer' Album - The James Gang (album) end of side one repeats ' turn over ' and side two ' play again ' in the lock grooves .

Last edited:
i guess I can close this tab for a few days, getting kind of crazy lately. Comments were made when I suggested movie closing songs, that what does that have to do with music. Then anagrams and endless records? Wow, how bout the 45s that came in the back of Mad magazine that would play a joke with several different ending continuously?

02 - A Day In The Life - The Beatles - Sgt Pepper - 15 kilohertz tone with Studio chatter
03 - Yer' Album - The James Gang (album) end of side one repeats ' turn over ' and side two ' play again ' in the lock grooves .
04 - Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd ( album ) end side 2 continuous dripping tap.

04 - Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd ( album ) end side 2 continuous dripping tap.
05 - Expressway to Yr. Skull - Sonic Youth (titled "Madonna, Sean and Me" on cover & "The Crucifixion of Sean Penn" on lyric sheet) (Album - Evol :)DAnagram of Love:D) side two.

Last edited:
05 - Expressway to Yr. Skull - Sonic Youth (titled "Madonna, Sean and Me" on cover & "The Crucifixion of Sean Penn" on lyric sheet) (Album - Evol (Anagram of Love) side two.
05 - Once A Ghost Always A Ghost - Curved Air. Last song on side 2 ends with a single tone and a "hump" at each rotation of the disc. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
05 - Expressway to Yr. Skull - Sonic Youth (titled "Madonna, Sean and Me" on cover & "The Crucifixion of Sean Penn" on lyric sheet) (Album - Evol (Anagram of Love) side two.
06 - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) - Brian Eno - chirping crickets in runoff groove

I guess this is another list where the 2 posts per list can be discarded ? just for the record ( no pun intended ) i have found 24 examples of the requirement so unlesss people own one or can be bothered to search for one this theme is going to drag on for ages...how about a second post using one of the three you know Russ ?

06 - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) - Brian Eno - chirping crickets in runoff groove
07 - Eagles Live - The Eagles ( album - endless applause in the lock groove of side 4 )

Last edited:
07 - Eagles Live - The Eagles ( album - endless applause in the lock groove of side 4 )
08 - Ethel The Frog - Monty Python - "Sorry squire - I've scratched the record"

08 - Ethel The Frog - Monty Python - "Sorry squire - I've scratched the record"
09 - A Box of 78's - DinahBird - Side two is made up of 12 lock-track loops.

To paraphrase another song: I hate you so much right now! :)

Since yesterday I was trying to remember which of my albums had the endless groove and it was driving me nuts.
Today I remembered only to find you posted it this morning....

However I am convinced the noise is not crickets but is made by an EMS Synthi. Firstly it is good at those kind of noises and secondly Brian Eno was probably the most famous user/owner as can be seen in Roxy Music footage.