SACD's on a computer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MbayAQ said:
Can I play SACD's on my computer or on any other device besides a SACD compatible DVD player?
--------------------------------------------------
I have a Pioneer 106 DVD,on my computer. This will not read the CD layer of a SACD at all. There is to my knowledege no hardware or software for playing SACD except for pro work and high end audio..

Only if the SACD is a hybrid can you play it on your computer. Right now I'm playing Norah Jones - Come Away With Me, an SACD hybrid and it works just fine. Before that I was playing Diana Krall - The Look of Love, which also worked fine.

You will be able to play it in your 5.1 system, however it will have to be in matrix mode, meaning the same thing as playing a stereo VCR tape through a Dolby Pro Logic reciever.

And it's true that not all cd-rom drives will be able to read the cd layer on SACDs. They work flawlessly in both my reader and writer drives in my main computer, but the reader drive in my server computer will not read it. It just spins up, sits there for a few seconds, then spits it out at me. :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.