Anyone Gardiner Beethovens Symphonies?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone out there who owns DGG/Archiv Beethoven Symphonies
Orchestre revolutionnaire et romatique
J. E. Gardiner???

Is it me, my player(s), or th CD? i listen at the moment CD4 and there is a lot of noise. F.E. at Track 5, 3:40 to 3:50 but at other too. Sounds like glicht.

Is this normasl or a reson to return the CD?

I don´t really know how to use this software but i tried to use Exact Audio Copy and it reports no errors. The CD surface is absolute clear, new CD.

Is this normal and from recording?

I see its normal for cheap CDs etc there is bad recording quality with noise. But this was a nearly 80€ Box.

edit: i used 0.9 beta.

Well, since my system gets better i stumbled about some
shitty CDs also. Not only the manufactoring but also the
digital masters seem to have some errors :(

I have Dream Theater, Metropolis Pt 2 - Scenes From A Memory
here and it has clear audible digital click in two different
CDs i tried from different locations. Also Elend, Les Ténèbres
Du Dehors (digital remnastered!!) stutters in the first song.

Try to get another one or hope some other over here can compare
to his CDs.

Hello, I'm sure I can help you. Are we talkin' 'bout Beethoven 8. symphony, first movement with Gardiner and ORR? If so, then what you hear on disc 4, track 5, 3:46 is the sound of the keys of period bassoon!!!!!! Period istruments are noisier than modern ones and therefore with close miking you'll get along with the sound of the istrument its noises. You may find them disturbing, but to my period-istruments-addicted ears they sound wonderful.

Best,

Ivo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.