Michael Jackson Dead ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was born the same year as the late Mr. Jackson. Always had a soft spot for him, despite - or maybe because of - his weird ways.

Rockin' Robin, ABC-123, Ben, Off the Wall. Thriller. He did earn his spot in the popular parthanon. Early on we used to joke that he was the "Black Donny Osmond." Donny should have been so talented.

Feels very strange to see him go. Too weird, but too young.

In other news....
Shameful admission. Back in the 70's I used to have my hair done by Farrah's hair dresser. :cannotbe:

Yeah, my gf was at work and sent me the link from TMV, one of the first if not THE first site with the news posted. After reading the short article, I googled "michael jackson", and watched as the internet went nuts. Every refresh brought up more pages. I was also at his Wikipedia page before his date of death was posted, and refreshed the page about half a minute later to see it pop up already. It was all interesting. The internet is nuts.

Anyway, yeah.. I was a bit shocked. Definitely unexpected. I'm 25, but I grew up listening to his tunes, along with everyone else. Admittedly, though, my first thought upon hearing about this was "suicide?". Could be wrong though, but it wouldn't surprise me. And I'm not just saying that simply because it's him..

Thanks for all the tunes and stuff, Michael. :(

Got to admit, I still think it's suicide. Plenty of things you could take to make your heart stop.

I wouldn't blame the man if he has. He's had more than his fair share of s*** to deal with.

Even if the man himself had issues, he was a talented artist, and it's a sad loss. A friend of mine said this was the equivalent to the death of Elvis for the 80s generation. I couldn't agree more.

Wasn't never really a big fan of his; But defiantly was in awe of the natural talent and he sure as hell influenced whatever dance talent I had back in my LA 'club' days. I give him full credit for embarishing that awful disco era out of existance! At 54 I'm still trying to get that 'heal spin to full toe stop' move of his down. Tonight with the few extra brews, the PP KT88's MBs, and lots of nostalgia-I came closer than ever before. Thks MJ!

'Money and Fame; neither are to be what they claim'. I hope history is kinder to the man than what life and the media had made of his 'present'. RIP

Attachments

• vlcsnap3.png
    vlcsnap3.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 527
I think that the events of his later life show that Michael had a much more difficult life than many of us would imagine necessary, given his enormous talent and success. He paid an enormous price in the process of giving very many people a great deal of pleasure.

Despite the strange emotions (mostly puzzlement) his latter behaviour stirs up for me, he certainly did on some occasions 'fill my heart with joy and laughter', and even move me to tears.

w

Oooh! Just look over your shoulder, Honey!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The boy that sued Michael Jackson is now in jail so I have some doubts about MJ really has done the things he was accused of.

It was settled for an unknown amount which is pretty abnormal. Who chooses for money if you've been abused ? A sane person would fight till the accused is in jail.

The point is when you have money there are a lot of people wanting that money...

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
In the news they have been talking about too much medication from an injury during rehursing on the concert tour

They also say thats its impossible to get a flight ticket due to so many people travelling to LA(?) from all over USA
THAT is a special american thing and something that would never happen around here

To be honest, I always felt sorry for Michael and thought of him as the most unhappy and lonely human being on this planet, and my first thought was "at last he got peace"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.