WORST guitar solo...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
darkfenriz said:
This may seems blasphemous for many, but EVH's Eruption is IMO total mess, so innovative technically and style-wise, who cares about the notes?
He started this whole trend of 'just make it fast and loud'

But at least it was his own style, not a blatant rip off of anyone else! Legions copied his finger-tapping, deep-dive-wammy-bar and harmonics styles over the next 10 years.

The one solo from Eddie Van Halen that always sticks in my mind is "Hear About It Later" from "Fair Warning", arguably their heaviest album with every track a winner.

Glenn (VH fan)

Thebrain said:

oooopsss
i meant in heartbreaker..... and it's in the middle of the song...
too much beer last night;)

How can you call that a bad solo? Jimmy Page is a guitar pioneer, and I like his work. I listen to a lot of Led Zeppelin, and Heartbreaker is an awesome track.

As for the worst solo, I am thinking the guitar solo by Dave Davies in 'All day and all of the night' by The Kinks would be a good contender. Horrible, sloppy, and messy with no real tempo or structure. If you have it then listen to it and I'm sure you will agree!

There are many more out there, but that one is the only exceptionally bad one I can think of right now.

flyingtele said:

How can you call that a bad solo? Jimmy Page is a guitar pioneer, and I like his work. I listen to a lot of Led Zeppelin, and Heartbreaker is an awesome track.

As for the worst solo, I am thinking the guitar solo by Dave Davies in 'All day and all of the night' by The Kinks would be a good contender. Horrible, sloppy, and messy with no real tempo or structure. If you have it then listen to it and I'm sure you will agree!

There are many more out there, but that one is the only exceptionally bad one I can think of right now.

don't get me wrong jimmy page is a genius, pioneer and one of my favorite song writers.
his playing in this specific solo is just awful! you can hear notes cracking and missed i don't know what he was on when he played that solo
:rolleyes:
still heartbreaker is an awesome track.

Inthe solo in Heartbreaker, I think the fact that not every note is played perfectly etc and is a bit ragged around the edges give it character, and I think its great. But surely you can't say thats the worst solo you know? It may not be one of Page's best solos, but there are plenty of worse ones lol!
In all seriousness, listen to "All day and all of the night" by The Kinks, and pay attention to the solo. I challenge you to find a worse solo than that! Its even worse than any old CCR.
Although I went and saw John Fogerty when he came here, and it was an absolutely great performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.