Music with lots of "emotion"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006

Attachments

• internetwierdofromcanada.jpg
    internetwierdofromcanada.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 230
Fast1one said:
I bought a CD a couple days ago that changed my life a bit. Portishead- Roseland NYC.

The only pop CD in my collection.
Someone who also gives everything when he sings is Marco Beasley. I once attended a concert of him and saw a woman in the audience crying (really). After the concert standing ovations (justified).

Mylene Farmer, Pas Le Temps Du Vivre Perhaps the most emotional episode onstage I have seen, although she has had a couple of similar examples. There is an explanation that goes with this one.

I went to an Athena (Andreadis) concert a while back and her second song (in Greek) had me in tears. I don't know why, I don't understand Greek any more than I do French -- less in fact.

Ainsi soit je

Don't get the idea that she is eternally lachrymose, she can be quite cheeky and ebullient.

She throws quite a bit into Avan't Que L'Ombre too!

Of course there's tons of great music, but
some that consistently give me the goosepimples include:

Rock: Jeff Buckley, try "Live at Sin'e"
(but how could I let out Ummagumma Live album, or the live pieces from Land (Patti Smith) or or or...)

Jazz: Charles Mingus, especially when Eric Dolphy is around him
(but if you find it, try the "Italian Instabile Orchestra", that's energy!
or anything from Stefano Bollani, a great pianist)

Classical: Mahler's slow movements, from the Ninth especially
(the question was about goosepimples, right? does "perfection" count, like you'd find it in Bach or Mozart or or or...)

On records, well made live recordings seem to carry more "emotion".

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions from the previous posts, I'll try them.
_

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.