Heavy Metal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree, there are so many different sub-genres of metal that it's really an impossible question to answer. It also depends on what your classification of metal is. I personally like the more classic bands, such as Judas Priest, iron Maiden, and Megadeth, but I like a lot of the newer stuff as well.

As others have said there's just so many sub-genres and cool bands in each that it's impossible to answer. In no particular order I like Amon Armath , Six Feet Under, Metallica (up to the black album), Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Sepultura, Megadeth, and tons of other bands but my absolute favorite is Saturnus which is a Danish doom metal band, and dare I say one of the best ever, hence my name here on the forum (and other fora).

My favorites lately are:

Hate Eternal - technical death metal, my usual favorite genre.
Nidingr - black metal with Vader-style death metal vocals, very catchy and fast.
Cattle Decapitation
Sepultura - the older albums like Arise.
Slayer
Dark Funeral
At The Gates for sure!
Autopsy - one of the earliest death/doom bands.
Pig Destroyer is always good when you feel like breaking things. :)

One of the best shows I've ever seen was the Extreme Steel tour headlining Pantera and second top band, Slayer. The best part of the show was when Jeff Hanneman came out on stage during Pantera's set for a ~30 min duel (using his guitar:D) with Dime Bag. Absolutely AWSOME!!!:cool: Being on the floor at a show like this is an 'experience' to say the least. I think there was a rival going between which was smoked more inside the civic center, cigarettes or the “other” cigarettes.:hypno2: :D

I've heard some 'All that Remains' recently and they aren't too bad. They sort of have a speed metal sound. The lead guitarist is pretty good. And the Bassist isn't too bad looking either.......:)

BTW I saw Meshuggah when they opened for Tool. They weren't too bad either.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.