dylan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heya'll

i just saw this thread....dylan is god. at least a minigod. i have seen him five times here in ottawa. the second time i burst into tears as the band started out the show with "touch me touch me somebody touch me", a backwoodsy kinda rousing gospel number...
which reminds me of an earlier comment by someone that he

"Also like "slow train coming", despite being an atheist."

dylan himself, though he became a catholic, always struck me as using words and music of the past to tell some greater truth, to sing some greater future, so by delving into the world's tradition of religious terms and music he opens up the realities and emotions that those words merely symbolize.

my favourite songs by the big D (bob dylan=big daddy of folkrock)

"shelter from the storm" and "hurricane". no. yes. i can't pick. it's too hard. and what's my criterion...my favourite tune or favourite message/lyrics....he does it all..

jane

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Some of my favorite songs -

I want you
Every grain of sand
Precious Angel
Desolation Row
Hard Rain's gonna fall

Slow train coming is probably my favorite album. Or maybe "The other side of Bob Dylan" Or the 3 disc 'Biography' collection. There are just too many of them, TBH...

Curious thread.....
I don t consider Bob dylan as an artist at all...
Rather a looter of Woddy Guthrie s concepts, with a
huge support of the US medias...
Since Guthrie died in 1967, the road was full open
for dylan to capitalize on the former s achievements...

Last edited:
dylan Human afterall?

Well, since Wahab has let the cat out of the bag, I'll have to say that Dylan is was a two-album artist for me, and probably different albums than the rest. "Blood on the Tracks" can appeal to anyone who has been in love and fallen out, and "Isis" from "Desire" expresses an adventurer's inability to do completely without women. As far as the poltical importance of his early stuff, my origins were much more humble than Mr Dylan's and my taste in music much more patrician. President Obama thinks a lot of him, giving him a place on the White House program celebrating race relations, but that whole fight was a complete mystery to a mountaineer and quarter native.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.