Death Magnetic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I kind of like all nightmare long as simple and repetitious as it is. Some of the others are OK too. You simply can not expect their former glory, their ember was snuffed pre black album and they have no motivation anymore, just no time to be creative between all that councelling and all those art shows.

In terms of mastering, after the infamous shame that was St. Anger, they wanted to try and win back a very aliented fanbase by making it sound like former works of glory, namely Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. Former glory that was early 80's junk technology and this sounds like they sure succeeded! Actually it's much worse because the gain on those aren't half as bad.

How bad is it? Well, I scored an early copy that was a very low bitrate transcode MP3 release, that turns out to be every bit as good as the lossless FLAC. So glad I downloaded it and didn't waste my money because it kind of hurts the ears to hear it.

I find it sucha shame, I was and am a huge fan of the original work, Garage Inc. Too many yes-men-boot-licks, I guess.

I'd honestly petition them right here and now that if they had any sense and decency left, remaster it ASAP and do a good job of it.

PS: Other than that, it's a very "try-hard" album and it's apparent there's just no heart in it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.