whats your favourite music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My favourites are Drum and Bass ,Dancehall Reggae,ragga,underground oldskool garage,nu skool breaks, dub,hip hop.

Other music is ok

The only two types of music i really hate is pop,r n'b,because they are simple,commercial,dull sounding,which lacks originalaty or life. and sound like teenage crap.Also pop music is also copied off some other artist,can't they think of their own ideas without coping others.

Something like jazz or classical is complex,and is not pushed in your face like pop and rn'b crap is.

Also the more rare a tune becomes the better,popular commercial tunes are 95 per cent boring,cheesy and it repeats it's self many times.

And people who love pop and watch top of the pops or watch the chart crap are sheep,because just because of peer pressure,and when it is not popular,they hate it;funny isn't it!
I mostly like a tune of piece of music not because others do,but because it sounds unusual or complex and cool[and it has to have a good beat,thats why Reggae sounds good,but without the bass or beat,reggae would would sound like chillout or easy listening.

All music that involves skilful instrumentalists/singers

All music that involves skilful instrumentalists/singers.
In short people with musical talent, of all kinds.

So it is a lot of Jazz for the moment.
I do not play much of that music that is fabriqued
at the mixer board and that syntetic made kind.
I do not enjoy hardstyled music, depending on the magical producer.

I prefer a good live drummer
with congas or whatever rhytm gear.
A nice baseplayer, even with acustic base.
Good guitarists both electrical and acustic.
And there is nothing like a good natural violin,
compare to those synt strings section they sample. :dead:

Mouth organ, harmonica, Acordian
and how about a Church organ - uncompared bass feeling!

And the singer shouldn't have been processed, like Cheer sometimes.
A naturally good singer, close to the microphone,
so you can hear the breathing in.
And no styling at the mixerboard.

A good saxophonist - Perfect!

/halojoy - loves music more than AUDIO ( sorry www.diyAudio.com )
Audio is my interest
Music is my need ;)

People choose their system based on the music they like. But sometimes, available system determine the kind of music we like.

When for the first time I used tube amp, my CD collection consists of mostly female vocal. When I changed my amp, my speaker, the CD I played frquently also changed.

I'll never play Britney Spears on tube amps, but in my current system (Aleph + 88dB Vifa), why not.

Hehe - original idea

the gear you have will set your taste in music ... ;)

an original idea - but is that ever so?
I do think, it is more likely the other way around,
in 98% cases.
You build/buy your gear out of what you type of music you prefer.

Of course your taste can vary over short time
or long time term.
Different times of day.
And will change during your lifetime, for certain!

/halo

Re: Hehe - original idea

halojoy said:
the gear you have will set your taste in music ... ;)

an original idea - but is that ever so?

/halo

Of course not. The situation is: audio system is an integral part of the music, or, to be extreme: the system “is” one of the music instruments. Liking orchestra is different with liking to listen to orchestra music. Especially if your system is a boombox @

You may like pizza. But if you found flies in it, it still pizza, and you still like pizza. What I'm talking about here?:devilr:

Re: Hehe - original idea

halojoy said:

You build/buy your gear out of what you type of music you prefer.

Of course your taste can vary over short time
or long time term.
Different times of day.
And will change during your lifetime, for certain!

/halo

I agree somewhat. I like my amps and speakeres to be capable of playing dnb at high levels w/o any problems. Yet I also like them to sound very realistic with other types of music (jazz or vocals).

With my old speakers I mostly listened to underground techno and trance, and a lot of euro-dance/disco. But I've allways been interested in jazz, blues and country. So ever since I finished my new speakers (small 2-way system) I've started listening to all sorts of music. A whole new world has opened up for me. I'm building a tube amp to go with my new speakers right now, but due to the absence of money, the work progresses very slowly.

A lot of the audiophiles I've spoken to seem to only care about the quality of the recordings rather than the music. I listen to whatever I like, and if it's recorded badly... well that doesn't really bother me as long as it's good music. I was happily surprised when I saw that you listen to dnb, metallica and all kinds of music. I think it's great! :cheerful:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I reckon that you listen to the music of your teens, then expand outwards in time as you grow older. Thus, I listened to Pink Floyd, Joan Armatrading, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Ry Cooder, Heart, and Beethoven. I now add Tori Amos, J S Bach, K D Lang, Wagner, Tom Waits, and Frank Zappa.

As for kit, I've always felt that it's a good sign if you find yourself listening to different music as a consequence of changing kit. For what it's worth, I bought my first transistor amplifier six years ago.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.