Eric Clapton's biggest mistake? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2007, 09:51 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

chrisb

that's funny...I turned on the tv when Johnny Winter was being introduced and stayed clear to the end. then I immediately started googling to find out what I could about Tal Wilkenfeld. Yikes. Jeff was bowing down to her onstage. Great stuff. BTW, I assume you meant to say he was the only one who hasn't lost his edge (above). Vinnie was playing his a** off, but Tal was the one that dropped my jaw. Fantastic. And she's only been playing bass 4 years.

That was good tv. so unusual.
Old 7th December 2007, 03:36 PM   #12
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bonjonno
chrisb

that's funny...I turned on the tv when Johnny Winter was being introduced and stayed clear to the end. then I immediately started googling to find out what I could about Tal Wilkenfeld. Yikes. Jeff was bowing down to her onstage. Great stuff. BTW, I assume you meant to say he was the only one who hasn't lost his edge (above). Vinnie was playing his a** off, but Tal was the one that dropped my jaw. Fantastic. And she's only been playing bass 4 years.

That was good tv. so unusual.

yes, "hasn't" was my intent - by the time I caught the typo, the edit time restraint has elapsed

If there isn't one already, let's hope there's a concert DVD release from Jeff's current tour with this band.
Old 1st January 2008, 06:11 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I only recently heard of Tal Wilkenfeld. She should team up with Orianthi and Berit Fridahl, maybe Melissa Auf Der Maur. That would be a kickass girl band if ever there was one!
Old 1st January 2008, 06:26 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I caught this performance also, did not know the Bass players name but man!!!, I agree she is good!. The Beck performance was one of the best in the whole series and in the room watching this, I wasnt the only one mesmerized. Vinnie C, what can I say, he is always great, but of course I am biased being a drummer, but his playing and feel leave alot of players regardless of chops out begging for more .

Colin
Old 19th February 2013, 08:47 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I'm not much of a movie consumer. I do like to find a good concert DVD. I was thinking of starting a DVD concert thread and a search turned up this old thread.
hehe yeah Johnny Winter has always been a long long way from being Mr. Universe, but he's a beast when playing the blues.
Haven't watched it yet, but I just picked up (for <$5) Rendevous In New York by the Remembering Bud Powell Band. That's Chick Corea, piano; Christian McBride, bass; Roy Haynes, drums; Terence Blanchard, trumpet; Joshua Redman, saxophone. Should be good.
So, anyone got any favorite recommendations?
Old 19th February 2013, 09:20 AM   #16
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

We saw Roy Haynes twice over the past year. Unbelievably energetic and still swinging despite his age.

Best concert DVD ever (IMO); Bela Fleck Live at the Quick.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:17 AM   #17
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
I'm not much of a movie consumer. I do like to find a good concert DVD.
The good thing about music DVD is you can relate soundstage with vision. One way to find out if your speaker system is optimal.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:06 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Leaving the bedroom window open?

Either that or proclaiming on stage that "I think Enoch (Powell) is right... we should send them all back! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"
while making money by covering Bob Marley's 'I Shot The Sheriff' (Clapton's first No1).

(I assume this post will be deleted but it had to said IMO.)
Old 19th February 2013, 11:28 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darwin View Post
Leaving the bedroom window open?

Either that or proclaiming on stage that "I think Enoch (Powell) is right... we should send them all back! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"
while making money by covering Bob Marley's 'I Shot The Sheriff' (Clapton's first No1).

(I assume this post will be deleted but it had to said IMO.)

i didnt know that.
if thats the case.....the type of music he is known for is not a "white mans" creation.
why are some people like that? shame
Old 19th February 2013, 11:36 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

I didn't know that either but it can be found on his wiki page with some more detail.

Hide this!Advertise here!