Amy Winehouse - Is she going te be the next Kurt Cobain?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My wife bought me Amy Winehouse's Back to Black CD today....

I'm a diehart Amy fan but I was a little dissapointed by the CD or more specificaly the recorded performances.

Like the title track, Back to black, it sounds lifeless, emotionaly sterile. Compared to her performance at the MTV 07 awards in Munich it was dead. Man that MTV performance was soooooo good. I guess you get her or you don't... but it was one of the sadests songs I ever heard (I love sad songs).

I hope she survives her young years though, she has so much to offer the music world still. I guess if she were a man, noone would blink at the way she lives, but I think she is starting to learn the inevitable lessons of cause and results.

I get that she can't perform without abuseing... and it is realy not unusal behaviour for true artists, which she is....

How many other Jazz artists made it to MTV 07?

I realy hope she comes right in the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dewtCShee04
Whoever posted this movie did not mean well, but it is my favourite Youtube movie at the moment...

I guess she appeals to me like bad guys do to good girls...
But most of all I get lost in her singing.

i dont think compairing her to Cobain is taking things way to far.
after all.........she had talent.
sorry.......i never liked nirvana! and i was a lone wolf on that one in high school
when i read of her passing made me think of janis joplin though, 27, drugs, booze.
not talent...jj sweat talent, sex appeal, and rock n roll.

i dont think compairing her to Cobain is taking things way to far.
after all.........she had talent.
sorry.......i never liked nirvana! and i was a lone wolf on that one in high school
when i read of her passing made me think of janis joplin though, 27, drugs, booze.
not talent...jj sweat talent, sex appeal, and rock n roll.

i misstyped.....:(

i think compairing her to Cobain is taking things way to far. ;)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Tragic. Didn't like her music, loved her voice (until the drink & drugs killed it). Terrible waste of a young life. Alas, I wasn't surprised when I heard. It was never going to end well, was it?

Comparisons to Kurt Cobain -does it matter? It's another human life lost, and that's bad enough.

Came as no surprise to me either, always sad when a young talent is lost. The cause of death hasn't been announced, but it would be hard to imagine that it wasn't due to her life style. Guess we'll know soon enough..

Sure enough she had a great voice, I wasn't a fan of her music either, but there are many who are.. A great loss however you look at it.

Whatever you may have thought of her professionally or personally, this was a tragic waste of a talented young woman's life.

Amy Winehouse's prodigious talent came with the heavy price of personal torment and she never attained the level of maturity and wisdom needed to turn her back on the lure of drugs and alcohol.

Forget the shambolic performance in Belgrade. Remember her when she was at her best when she could truly bare her soul with every line she sang.

‪Amy Winehouse - Love is a Losing Game (Brit Awards 2008)‬‏ - YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.