What company consistantly creates the highest quality CD recordings you have found?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know Dorian is one of the names that pops up. When you are looking for a high quality classical CD, what names do you look for and what company names do you categorically avoid?

No matter how much work we put into our systems, the recording is at least 50% of the equation...

Im afraid I regard CD has just one step above MP3 due its weaknesses and limitations..
However I have an sacd played which is not quite as good sounding on CDs as my ex top line modded CD player.
I found Lyrita discs to be best sounding.It was the same in the old days of vinyl.Attention to detai in the whole recording to playback process by ex Decca engineers helps..

Kirkelig Kulturverksted (direct translation: the Churc Cultural Workshop) in Norway tend to make some stunning productions. The music might not be down your alley, but the recording quality is top notch. Go to www.kkv.no and hit "English".

If you want to try this out, go for a recording of Kari Bremnes, locate yourself in the sweet spot of your listening room and close your eyes.

Børge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.