Speaker Building 201 - Titans?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am interested in a cool looking set of speakers in the Speaker Building 201 book called the "Titans". Ray Alden incorporated an interesting combination of drivers for this three way including the Neo3PRD tweeter, Dynavox LW6004 PMR 6.5" mid ranges and Dayton Titanic MKIII 10" woofers. The midranges are piped to the rear of the speaker by 6" PVC pipe and vented with Scan-Speak Aperiodic vents. The mid range and tweeter drivers are organized in an MTM arrangement optimized by Dr. D'Appolito.

I thought it might be an interesting speaker to build and was wondering if anyone had mad them? Any comments about these drivers? I have read that the Dynavox drivers are quite good but not well known and the tweeters seem to be quite good (John Kruke rated them the best non dome tweeter). I am sure that the Dayton drivers are good value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.