smallest sized, efficient bookshelf speakers for the Charlize? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2007, 11:32 PM   #1
hansel is offline hansel  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default smallest sized, efficient bookshelf speakers for the Charlize?

Hi,

wondering if i can get some advice here. I'm planning to get a 'charlize' T amp because of it's size-performance factor.

The thing is i'm in a hostel room, and would like a very nice, small pair of bookshelves to match it. I was looking at the Q1010 bookshelves (http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=5520) but was informed that they are not efficient enough. Could anyone throw up any similar-sized alternatives that could work with charlize? I wouldn't mind diying, but would require a full kit...

Failing this, is there any could small amp I could build to match the Q1010?

thanks in advance!
Old 11th April 2007, 04:32 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fishball79
Hi,

Look within Singapore, there is a significant diy community here.

AHF Art Audio www.ahfartaudio.com sells raw fostex fullrange drivers as well as enclosures for them. They are in chinatown at Upper Cross St. Speak to Robert, the owner, he should be able to come up with a kit that suit your needs.

Since you haven't gotten either, i suggest auditioning at AHF Art audio and/or fellow diyers' setups.
Old 11th April 2007, 08:12 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fishball79
Addendum:

my last sentence ended too abruptly. I mean to say, since you haven't purchased anything yet, i'd suggest auditioning various hifi setups of local diyers as well as AHF Art Audio's. This would give you a good idea of what to expect. Maybe you won't like charlize after hearing it.

Singaporean diyers are more vocal in www.echoloft.com's diy forum found here http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=diy

I'm sure a request for auditioning would bring about invitations from half a dozen enthusiasts at least. If you're lucky a charlize owner might allow you to audition!
Old 12th April 2007, 12:15 AM   #4
hansel is offline hansel  Singapore
diyAudio Member

thanks for the advice chris yes I'll definitely post in echoloft for more advice. I'm in the UK atm but will return to sg to pursue this project soon...

Hide this!Advertise here!