Here's another Thor (Small)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All credit to Martin & Dave -these guys have done an astonishing amount for the DIY community in many areas.

I think a German Magazine, Hobby Hifi, published an alternative XO. That said, I can't see anything about Thor's XO that looks wrong, although XO design is not a speciality of mine. Sounds like you've got the speakers singing quite nicely now though. Glad you like them.

Scott

How about trying an active crossover and multiple amps? With one of the digital crossovers you could try different crossover frequencies, slopes, boost, and time delays. The crossover can be adjusted as quickly as you can dial, every adjustment is instantly reversible, and there are no additional parts to buy. When you have it worked out you could contruct the equivalent passive version if that is your goal.

Martin – I’d kill for a DEXQ, and I’d have to as I can’t really afford that price range as a keen hobbyist.

So thought something like Soundeasy + mike + other bits, might be the most economical way to go. Could have sworn I’d seen someone on the net selling a whole calibrated kit and caboodle.

I’ve read threads in the past with people struggling trying to get their measuring rig running which puts me off a bit.

Cheers - Phil

Hi Phil,

Your Thor's look great - fancy building me a set?!! I live in Brisbane too, and have been considering this kit for my recording studio system for a little while. However, my last attempt at routing is definately filed under "A" for "attempt".

Having had the new Thors for a few months now, how do you like the sound? Any problems you've found, or design choices you would change if you built them again?

Cheers,

Heath.

supaheef said:
Hi Phil,

Your Thor's look great - fancy building me a set?!! I live in Brisbane too, and have been considering this kit for my recording studio system for a little while. However, my last attempt at routing is definately filed under "A" for "attempt".

Having had the new Thors for a few months now, how do you like the sound? Any problems you've found, or design choices you would change if you built them again?

Cheers,

Heath.

No problem, drop me an email direct at removethisbitphil.greenwoodATbyindex.net. Nope Small Thors are great .. absolutely recommended .. go for it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.