Here's another Thor (Small) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2007, 10:02 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

All credit to Martin & Dave -these guys have done an astonishing amount for the DIY community in many areas.

I think a German Magazine, Hobby Hifi, published an alternative XO. That said, I can't see anything about Thor's XO that looks wrong, although XO design is not a speciality of mine. Sounds like you've got the speakers singing quite nicely now though. Glad you like them.

Scott
Old 14th April 2007, 11:18 AM   #22
MJK is offline MJK  United States
Account disabled at member's request

How about trying an active crossover and multiple amps? With one of the digital crossovers you could try different crossover frequencies, slopes, boost, and time delays. The crossover can be adjusted as quickly as you can dial, every adjustment is instantly reversible, and there are no additional parts to buy. When you have it worked out you could contruct the equivalent passive version if that is your goal.
Old 14th April 2007, 12:19 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Martin Id kill for a DEXQ, and Id have to as I cant really afford that price range as a keen hobbyist.

So thought something like Soundeasy + mike + other bits, might be the most economical way to go. Could have sworn Id seen someone on the net selling a whole calibrated kit and caboodle.

Ive read threads in the past with people struggling trying to get their measuring rig running which puts me off a bit.

Cheers - Phil
Old 14th April 2007, 12:40 PM   #24
MJK is offline MJK  United States
Account disabled at member's request

Phil,

You could try a Behringer, Ashly, dBx, or a number of other very reasonably priced pro audio crossovers. I am having a lot of fun with my dBx Driverack Pro crossover and a couple of amps.
Old 21st April 2007, 03:06 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default xo for thor small

Phil I have a lot of active xo not in use I have a rane 2way and a rane 3way . I can sell well under list. email me at philiparcario@yahoo.com if you are interested. Philipma1957
Old 3rd September 2007, 01:36 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hi Phil,

Your Thor's look great - fancy building me a set?!! I live in Brisbane too, and have been considering this kit for my recording studio system for a little while. However, my last attempt at routing is definately filed under "A" for "attempt".

Having had the new Thors for a few months now, how do you like the sound? Any problems you've found, or design choices you would change if you built them again?

Cheers,

Heath.
Old 3rd September 2007, 03:56 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by supaheef
Hi Phil,

Your Thor's look great - fancy building me a set?!! I live in Brisbane too, and have been considering this kit for my recording studio system for a little while. However, my last attempt at routing is definately filed under "A" for "attempt".

Having had the new Thors for a few months now, how do you like the sound? Any problems you've found, or design choices you would change if you built them again?

Cheers,

Heath.

No problem, drop me an email direct at removethisbitphil.greenwoodATbyindex.net. Nope Small Thors are great .. absolutely recommended .. go for it

Hide this!Advertise here!