Hemp Coaxial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HEMP Coaxials

Hi everybody,
Someone just sent me this thread, so figure I would step up to the plate on a couple of things..First and foremost as It says on our website, we appreciate everyones patience with our growth,,but we getting there and its going very well indeed..

Now on to the show.
In regards to the Coaxials, our goal here was to put together a top of the line product, period! We and the many others that were involved in the development cycle and our new OEMs that are developing products around some of our models all seem to agree that our goals were met and then some.. but I am afraid that creating somthing in this caliber simply costs some money.. mind you that said..

The designs are first rate using only the finest materials and each of them employ mulipal propretory technologies. They easily out perform anything the likes of Tannoy and Altec have to offer and some have said they even out do TAD and Ale and the super stratospheric priced audio object d'art..

So considoring the prices of the line from 475.00-1200.00 for what you get, we honestly feel they offer high value. We hope that you get the oppertunity to try them for yourself..

Like always, we with fond wishes and thanks.

Hemp Acoustics..

Hemp acoustics Co15V

I have a lovely pair of the CO15V Hemp Acoustics 15 inch coaxial drivers in my rear loaded corner horns. I will say they do no wrong! They are bar none the best coaxial driver I have tryed or owned. I have been working on my horn designs for 12 years and tried as many 15inch coaxial drivers as I can afford and have made huge 4way horn systems for reference. I think, after what I have made and gone through, if I had the Hemp driver in the first place I could have saved a fortune. I think in terms of cost and sound quality it should cost double the asking price.
I have one of the first ones made i think, using the hemp matrix cone. The cone matirial is very light and the sound is very fast with a low Fc in my horn of 22.7 hz the lowbass is full fast and smooth,the mid bass is vibrant and alive (Peter Gabiel's No way out comes to mind) the high end is flawless imaging is perfect.
I am using these in a normal family room 12.6 feet by 18 feet and they are 18 feet apart and they image perfectly in stereo no sub no center chanel but yet they have wrap around imaging. and with the point soarce they are as time coherent as is possible. I have full test results if any one wants, I can send you the graghs.
Go Green Get Hemp

$US1200 ea. Ouch. Might have to try the BMS until more reports come in about these. I don't mind paying for quality, but I'd need to be sure before I outlay that sort of coin especially with shipping and duties etc.

Edit: Maybe with the 8 Beta 15's I have, the 8" at 475 is a better bet. Hmmmmm

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Ok, its expencive and its really not

How many times have you whished to have a PA driver made especially fore hifi - well it seems to be fullfilled now, and ofcourse its not a cheap discount product

With the sensitivity of the 15" you might save a lot on amps which could cost next to nothing - think SEWA or OTA or even a small cheap tubeamp

Other people pay a lot more to make active multiway systems

Hey if Brett wants the BMS I have the 15c682 for sale along with the B&C15cx40 and the Eminence beta 15cxa all going cheap! I already sold the Tannoys and the 604e's They all cost too! and are sitting in the card board boxes . If you want cheap then buy the emminence and get a better screw on driver.

Hi hempacoustics,
Very nice 15" coaxial.
I particularly like the cone material, but may be illegal down here:D

Anyway, usually specs sheets for coaxials rate appart LF and HF units (response/sensitivity). I want to know how low can the 2"HF unit be driven without unwanted effects, in other words, what (low) crossover point to chose...

Someday I may want to upgrade my activelly biamped Beyma's on Autograph enclosures :cool:

Anybody here has compared these Hemp with Tannoy coaxials?

Regards,
M

edjosh23 said:
From the FR graphs it looks like the larger drivers are quite a bit better.
The 8 is quite nice!

Anyway,

My company is utilizing a custom oem version of the 15 in our new monitor, and we have done some testing on the 8 as well.

While the 15 is far from inexpensive, even for an oem-especially not a custom run, I consider it to be a great performance to cost value unit.

Our monitor is not out yet, so 1) I can't really get into details and 2) no one has heard it yet anyway; so I certainly wouldn't want anyone to take my word for it. Actually I'm happy to have them all to myself!
;)

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.