Midrange and tweeter replacements - Speakerlab S-30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have recommended replacement midrange and tweeters for Speakerlab S-30s? I cannot find information on frequencies or original speaker manufacturers, but I do have the original Speakerlab part numbers:

Tweeter: DT 100 A (Phillips Mylar Dome?)
Midrange: Speakerlab M-508

These speakers have the Nesterovic woofer system (which the foam surrounds have rotted away) and I'm looking for surrounds to repair the system and upgrades for the mids and tweeters. I know they had a 3dB dip in the mids when I purchased them and assembled the kits (per spec)

Any assistance that can be provided is very much appreciated!

Greg

Not sure how much this will help but i thought id mention it.
In Ontario i am good friends with a company known as Speakerlab as well as several other names. They have manufactures speakers for over 30years, and if i had to guess they made the s-30's u have. http://www.studiolabspeakers.com/ if u contact them through this site they may be able to guide u with replacements and or repair them for u. The reason i assume it;s the same company is that i know they have used phillips tweeters in the past. Anyway they are very friendly people and hopefully can help if u give it a try.. Mike is there head designer BTW.

Good Luck

Thanks Rounder!
I'll look them up and give 'em a ring!
SpeakerLab exisists in the Seattle area; but I believe it's by name only. I have read the original founders / owners sold the name / business some time ago... too bad, as they had a great thing going for the masses (good product for less $$$... all you do is add some labor ;-)
I'll let you know what I find out...
Cheers!
Greg

Yukon said:
Does anyone have recommended replacement midrange and tweeters for Speakerlab S-30s? I cannot find information on frequencies or original speaker manufacturers, but I do have the original Speakerlab part numbers:

Tweeter: DT 100 A (Phillips Mylar Dome?)
Midrange: Speakerlab M-508

Greg

Yes, the tweeters Speakerlab used were Phillips domes.
They were often modified slightly though.

I can't remember specifically, but Speakerlab may have custom built their mids.
I know they built their own woofers.

Check: http://www.speakerlab.com/
They exist in name only today,
but they might have some archived info on the mid.

Yes, contact Speakerlab in Seattle, WA. Even though they have changed hands and hardly produce kits anymore, they have staff that has been there for YEARS and are very knowledgable on there old lines. The 30's where very popular (I have them) and they have reconed a bunch and also have replacement tweeters and midranges. You could speak to a guy named Dena. Good Luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.