Usher 8948A vs 8945A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm very interested in both of these drivers but im curious to know what the main difference between them is. I'm figuring that the 8945A will go lower but with both be on par with each other with regards to midrange?? Hows the distortion between the two.?

sup lewy

while i dont have firsthand experience comparing the sound of the two drivers i can tell that the distortion is quite similar. That being said the 2nd and third harmonic in the lower bass of the A version will actually affect the low midrange leaving it cleaner and without fake bass presence as it has less distortion there than the P. And the other difference in midrange is the higher f3 and f5 around 600hz which will actually affect the area closer to the crossover so voices may sound slightly different although very difficult to predict because of what u will do with the crossover considering how different the frequency response is of the two... Despite this both drivers will sound quite similar in tonality and the crossover has the greatest affect on sound considering how low distoriton is in both drivers. As for bass they will also be similar especially when modelling. although i imagine the one with less fake bass will sound cleaner but also lacking in percieved bass in comparison to the P. Just my two cents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.