Planet 10 and others... Fostex OB boat audio???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To the Fostex gurus...

I have a boat with a cabin. Below decks there are two walls, we call them bulkheads. Behind each bulkhead is a closet. We call them hanging lockers. Last year I installed Focal Polyglas V1 component 6.5" speakers. This winter a bad man stole all my stuff. At least he didn't fu the cabinetry.

What I have now is essentially two large walls with holes in them. The space behind them is at least 4-5 ft3. It doesn't get wet, it doesn't even get moist. It's like a living room that rocks a little.

Well, I the Focals were OK but I think I could do better. So I'm thinkin' that maybe I could replace these with a Fostex woofer and tweeter. Specifically a FW167 and a FT207D with the stock crossover from http://www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexdrivers/fw167.pdf.

They will be powered by some car amp with ~ 75 watts per side. (Also stolen.) They will be augmented with some sub (yes, that's gone too) that will be powered from the bridged side of the same amp with 150 watts per side.

The season approaches so any help would be appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.