high pass filter (crossover)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It will dpend on what the impedence of your speaker is. They are usually either 8ohms or 4 ohms. If they are 8 ohms then you should use a 0.8 mH inductor in series with the woofer and about 13uF capacitor in series with the tweeter. If the speaker is 4ohms then you halve the inductor (i.e. 0.4mH) and double the capcitor, (i.e. 26uF)

That is if you want a 6db (first order) cross over. I am not sure that this is your request because you mention RC.

Am I right or not?

Yours, Jonathan.

thanks for your working, Jonathan.

I am sorry I dont mention the speaker's value.

i am now using 0.63mh in series with the woofer. and trying some caps in parrell to incrrease the value in series with the tweeter. Now the caps are about 9 uf in all.

Jonathan, can u state the equation for LP and HP?

Any different equation for 3db and 6 db? I got one : f=1/(2 pi R C)

Finally, million thanks.

Hi Derek, sorry for the delay. For a first order cross over the inductance L is as follows L=R/2 pi f where R is the impedance of the speaker in ohms and f is the cross over frequency. C is as follows C=1/2 pi R. That is for first order only. I just got these from a catalogue. I think you would find some really good information if you put "speaker cross overs" in Google. There are good sites that will give you a lot more data. Is that possible for you? Jonathan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.