Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd March 2007, 03:16 AM   #11
gtphill is offline gtphill  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick West
I think you guys are talking past each other. The original poster had an idea about a "line array" without really understanding what it is. Also, he meant it just for home/studio use, not for a large auditorium.
Hey Dick, I am not meaning, at least, to talk past the original poster. You will see that even in the link you posted on line arrays, the paper references are to Dr. Christian Heil of L-Acoustics (Pro sound speakers) and Mark Ureda of JBL Professional Audio.

I rely on on pro sound examples because that is world I usually work in, and because they have already put a lot of thought into the problems proposed here.

Also the original poster is using pro gear, in the form of a crown K2 and the Behringer DSP.

I also did not feel that it was necessary to define what a line source was, or the nearfield farfield transition, or talk about what is a line array, or is not, a line array. Nor would I talk about whether or not I would design the system the same way.

I am just trying to help someone though their project, and it happens to be one that is more complicated because of the number of drivers, and their layout.

To the OP, I did not follow any of Dick's new links, but I am sure they are great, based on the ones in his previoius post. Hopefully they help you out!

And please, let me know if I am clear as mud. Sometimes it just sort of comes pouring out stream of conscious-like, and I really don't want to be unclear, or be "holier than thou," and I know stuff can come across that way sometimes. If you have felt that way I sincerely apologize, i am just trying to cram all the bits that come into my head in a few lines.
Old 22nd March 2007, 08:40 PM   #12
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by gtphill
Thank you Cal, not trying to be a griper, just kind of surprised that it is even necessary.
When the forum was younger there was no moderation phase, but we started getting hit by quite a few spammers.

The moderation phase allows us to ID the spammers before their posts get to the forum as well as minimize trolls & catch a few past /banned members that have a penchant for attempting to return under a new user name.

*(nominally 5 posts -- less if someone recognizes you as a good poster elsewhere (googling you earlier turned up some good stuff, but i'm too late now, you are already past that phase))

dave
Old 23rd March 2007, 01:15 AM   #13
gtphill is offline gtphill  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

When the forum was younger there was no moderation phase, but we started getting hit by quite a few spammers.

The moderation phase allows us to ID the spammers before their posts get to the forum as well as minimize trolls & catch a few past /banned members that have a penchant for attempting to return under a new user name.

*(nominally 5 posts -- less if someone recognizes you as a good poster elsewhere (googling you earlier turned up some good stuff, but i'm too late now, you are already past that phase))

dave
Hey dave,

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I posted too quickly for someone to do the background check!

Like I said in my intro, i haven't been around the basslist/diyaudio since the late 90's. Heck, the newest speaker builder in my library is from 1994.

Glad you did a little googling, I'm pretty easy (too easy) to find information on.

Hide this!Advertise here!