HPD315 Cabinet Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what do you think about this design for my Tannoy 12" HPD315 Dual Concentrics, the volume is roundly the same as my Cheviots (60L) but in a 'monitor' style with integrated but removable stand which will hold the new crossovers when i get around to making them :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

inspired by Avalon and simmilar speakers like...

avalon_mixmon_1.jpg

the main idea was to make an enclosure that is very different to the traditional style of Tannoys

well the tannoy HPD 315 driver is roughly 92dB on the woofer, not sure about the HF, in the cheviot cabinet it is an overall 89dB sensitivty, "Is it a reflect or acoustic speaker?" not sure what you mean by this, it will be front ported like the cheviot and the tannoy reference diy design.

inrank said:
..... "Is it a reflect or acoustic speaker?" not sure what you mean by this, it will be front ported like the cheviot and the tannoy reference diy design.

I think he means reflex or acoustic suspension.

I saw your post on the tannoy mailing list but couldn't access the links. :bawling: I still can't see the first picture here. Maybe it will work later.

I must say that it's very refreshing to see someone move away from the usual box. Tannoy's often look very dated because of this. I personally own some humble 611 and love the unconventional shape of them.

I wonder if there will be any baffle step issues?

Best regards,
Martin. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.