Tweeter unit consistency?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone measured and compared unit-to unit consistency of any of the popular Scandinavian tweeters (for example the Vifa XT25)?

Are any two units of the same model close enough in amplitude response through the useful range (3kHz-10kHz) to make pair-matching superfluous?

Thanks in advance for any help n this regard.

-chas

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
It depends how critical you are

Under normal conditions you probably wont need it
but in rare circumstances you might get two drivers that are a bit off - which I think can happen with any driver

BUT, if your goal is "worlds best" at the very top, all drivers will need matching, no matter which brand :cannotbe:

I would think that in most cases drivers ought to be from the same production "bunch", and will be sufficient

I once got some 8" Seas, which was supposed to be from the same "bunch", which they called matched
I did "coat" them though, so it may have been all the same

edit .... it might be a good idea to measure ALL xo components
BUT, I also talked to a man, who said that xo components actually may need to be different from left to right .... it may depend on measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.