Small 5.1 sub/sat system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. I've started a sub/sat system that is for my mom so she wouldn't resort to buying Bose. I'm using the HiVi M3N and Dayton ND20 tweeter. I only have the L&R done so far.
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

I still have to buff out the finish to get that "piano" look so I haven't taken FR measurement yet, but here is the modeled, purple is onaxis, blue is 10-15 degrees offaxis:
XO_final_4uF.jpg

And with revers polarity tweeter:
4uF_reversepolarity.jpg

Being as this was my first ever speaker design the phase wasn't as great as I was hoping onaxis. however I intend to listen to them just offaxis and desgined for pretty good response/phase at 10 degrees or so offaxis. There is matching subwoofer using the HiVi M8N, but it's still being finished so no pistures. I have started on the center channel also:
IMAG0066.jpg

I have several XO's for it, all with excellent phase between the mid and tweeter so I'm getting better! Anyway I hope you guys like it, I'm pretty happy with so far.

I'm using SoundEasy.

I should mention the measurents to give everyone a better idea of the size. The mtm bafffles are 4.25"w x 9.5"h without the black caps on the top and bottom. Each cap adds .5" so 10.5" total height. The center channel is 15"w x 5.75"h, again when I add the caps they will be 6.75" in height.

This should give you an idea of size, before veneering and caps are added:
IMAG0025.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.