wallin jig ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using the Behringer ECM8000 mix with the 802 mixer. The combo came to ~$130 iirc. If you haven't built the jig yet, I highly suggest using Claudio's cable jigs until you get the program set up and working. IMO, the wallin jig just adds complexity to an already steep learning curve. Additionally, if you are having trouble getting it setup, the wallin jig makes it alot harder to troubleshoot. With the cable jigs, you can take a quick glance at the hookups and know everything is hooked up right. With the wallin jig, it's alot harder to eliminate wiring as a problem, since there's many connections, and it could be something like a bad solder joint or a bad switch that's the problem.

A_Reef_Scene said:
What kind of amplifier, mic+preamp do you use?

Amplifier is just any old amp, I use an 80watt I built. The mic is a panasonic WM61A catridge set up in the way thats probably listed in DIYaudio several times. The preamp again is a DIY thing. Simple opamp with gain.

I dont know what Claudio's is but I guess a google, or DIY audio search would give you the answers.

A_Reef_Scene said:
I'm new to diy speakers so thanks for answering all of the ?s. What is Claudio's cable jigs and where can I get them, or build them?

http://www.claudionegro.com/swsetup/cables/cables.html

Rather than having a box that does everything (like the wallin jigs), the Claudio jigs consist of a few different cables for different tasks. They're a little more cumbersome to use, but it's easy to look at them and say "ok, everything is definitely hooked up right" if you're having trouble.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.