OLD vs NEW - Scan Speak D2905/9900 vs D3004/6600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my opinion having used both tweeters in several configurations I would recommend the 6600. As this tweeter is more easily filtered. Has better dispersion lower distortion. Is not a lot more expensive. But above all, to my ears in my situation, it is sounding less harsh more natural and subjectively better detail retrieval.

No, I only heard the 7100 in a commercial offering. If you want to find out which one is the best, you also have to define your requirements and type of application. Also bare in mind that it's not important which tweeter I think is the best, you have to find out yourself.

LaMa said:
No, I only heard the 7100 in a commercial offering. If you want to find out which one is the best, you also have to define your requirements and type of application. Also bare in mind that it's not important which tweeter I think is the best, you have to find out yourself.

I want to build a 2 way hi-end loudspeaker!!
Woofer is the Scan Speak 18w4531G00 :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.