Woofer choice in 2-way sealed cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

A new member asking help. I am designing a pair of small 2-way speakers, intended for home stereo use. The speakers are going to sit near the wall playing mostly acoustic jazz and pre-romantic classics at moderate volume. I want them to be sealed cabinet design. In numbers,

LF cutoff -3dB anechoic =< 70Hz
Box volume =< 0.5 ft^3 (could be slightly larger if needs be..)
SPL => 83dB/W/M
XO around 2K or higher, slope 2nd or higher

... something like that. For the tweeter I have Scan-speak 2905/9300 in mind. 9500 may be better but I don't have hands-on experience with that one. (I know I don't like 9700.) For the woofer I am thinking Morel MW164 or 166. They seem to be similar in spec but since one is paper and the other poly, I expect they'd sound different. I have not heard either.

So the question is; which one suits my need better? Or if there may be better driver combinations? (Upper limit $700 for the drivers) Any suggestion/opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the rudimentary English.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.