The benefits of the Horn...........Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

:D

Im in the midst of thinking about what speaker i should couple with my Autocostruire T100 Amp, which is 60Watt into 8ohms.

My listening room is 16ft X10ft. I have £600 to spend in total for a Speaker kit, and came across the "Labyrinth" Would it work within the limitations of my room size?, is it the best value, per pound?, would i be better off making a transmission line,ported, etc model, for a bit more.

Im drawn to it because of its SPL at 94DB, and also im not sure about my previous thought the IPL Acoustics S5TL Kevlar They might need more power than 60Watts.

I have toyed with buying some Klipsch Ref 82 speakers but i doubt i would get the quality per pound i might get with speaker kits.

Its also been a long slog to save up the cash, as i have been very ill, long term with heart probs, i dont say that for Sympathy, its just when i was working I amassed a small recording studio, and im selling 2/3rds of it off, because im not making any music as such now, but love listening to it.

So, I really want to get the most satisfying sound my pounds can get, and maybe a few thrills. With the coupling of my T amp, the Ah Njoe tjoeb, it would be nice to escape to a bit of heaven, with a great pair of speakers

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.