Bass Reflex design wit the new Hemp Acoustics FR8C driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks,

This is the first time that I am building a Bass Reflex type enclosure with the new FR8C driver. The driver has a Fs=45Hz and I was advised to use an 80 liter box with two 3"(diameter) ports with 5" to 6" length. The enclosure will be 32"L*14"B*11"W to give me about 80L enclosure volume. Do you thing this would be a good design? I think i will only use the full range driver and may later add a tweeter if I deem necessary.

Also, what is the general mathematical expression that relate enclosure dimensions to the tuning frequency? The thing is that I have to write a report for a college independent study so some general mathematical descriptions would be good. Alternately is there a good website that explains in detail the workings of a BR box w/ equations?

I want to engage myself in a systematized and disciplined study of Loudspeaker Design and I am new to all of this so any help would be appreciated. Thank you folks.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If the new ceramic version is said to have same TS parameters as the older ferrite version then use the following. Its from my tests on well run in samples.

Attachments

• screenshot001.jpg
    screenshot001.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 268
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.