Some nice words for John Krutke - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2007, 12:09 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Some nice words for John Krutke

John,

I've followed the antics of Danny Richie with disgust over the past day or so and just wanted make sure you to know that you have many intelligent minds on your side. Please don't let that giant self-collapsing vortex of hypocrisy spoil your desire to provide the scientifically minded of us accurate and useful information. I'm only 3 years through my mechanical engineering degree, and I can easily see what a crock of poop most of his arguments ("facts", according to him) are.

You've really taught me a lot over the years, and I appreciate that very much. I sincerely hope you keep it up...and don't be afraid to "tell it like it is" even if the truth is brutally honest.

Scott Nielsen

Old 5th March 2007, 12:26 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I noticed that his blog link is down. Please tell me nobody is threatening Zaph with a lawsuit?

Old 5th March 2007, 12:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Scott, be reassured, we welcome intellectual debate here at dA, but we will never put up with food fights.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Old 5th March 2007, 12:33 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Some nice words for John Krutke

Quote:
Originally posted by YogitheDog
JI'm only 3 years through my mechanical engineering degree, and I can easily see what a crock of poop most of his arguments ("facts", according to him) are.
So what's the poop?

se

Old 5th March 2007, 01:16 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Interesting. I too am about to finish my 3rd year of ME. Strangely enough, there hasn't been much about speaker theory.

Old 5th March 2007, 01:30 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I guess this is it.

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...&topic=37859.0

Old 5th March 2007, 01:41 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by arjscott
I guess this is it.
Yeah, but that's over there and we're over here. So to that end, I was asking YogitheDog what arguments he thought were a "crock of poop" seeing as he made the claim over here and not over there.

se

Old 5th March 2007, 02:29 AM   #8
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Eddy

So to that end, I was asking YogitheDog what arguments he thought were a "crock of poop"

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/aud...pl?read=392470

Would you like me to link his conversation about what else he can "hear in his system" and is willing "teach" little ol' me (and Zaph about testing, SL about dipoles, etc.)? He seems to make/sell decent speakers, including the driver in question, but holds himself in much, much higher regard than reality.
Zaph is 100% correct in his yipping chihuahua, snake oil BS salesman's response. No shortage of those wire burn-in charlatans selling audio products.

cheers,

AJ

Old 5th March 2007, 02:47 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AJinFLA
Would you like me to link his conversation about what else he can "hear in his system" and is willing "teach" little ol' me (and Zaph about testing, SL about dipoles, etc.)? He seems to make/sell decent speakers, including the driver in question, but holds himself in much, much higher regard than reality.
Zaph is 100% correct in his yipping chihuahua, snake oil BS salesman's response. No shortage of those wire burn-in charlatans selling audio products.
Just read through the Madisound thread and it seemed to be more a clash of personalities than anything to do with the "crock of poop" arguments YogitheDog speaks of.

se

Old 5th March 2007, 03:16 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

The thing would be done with right now if it wasn't for all the folks with too much time on their hands and over active imaginations, John has the right idea by simply not giving the subject anything more than 5 minutes of his time. Shame folks use that as ammo saying he's arrogant etc. But I'd say doing anything other than that in a situation like this over the internet results in the inevitable. So the guy clearly has his head screwed on.

I'm not sure why Danny has made a mountain out of a molehill. John gave nothing but a personal opinion and measured data which can be compared directly to other drivers in his 6.5" test lineup - which includes testing errors across the board however small or large these are.

As someone already said, its just a difference of characters being very heavily fueled by others with either vested interests or nothing else better to do.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!