Some nice words for John Krutke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to add my support for Zaph. His website is easly one of the best things on the net, and I'm sure the vast majority of people view Zaph and his efforts in an extremely positive light.

Like others, I noticed that the Blog is down. Hopefully, it's just temporary.

Keep on Blogging John.

Glenn :)

P.S. Currently, I'm working on Zaph's "Seas L18 / Seas 27TBFCG" 2 way, time and finances permitting. (I'm supposed to be painting the house) but I'd rather build the speakers. :)

Cal Weldon said:
Keep in mind that lesser does not necessarily mean of lower quality. That was your interpretation of it. I believe Al meant that this, being one of the larger forums makes it greater and anything smaller is lesser.

*ahem* Uh, ok.

So if that's what it was intended to mean, then it would be ok to rehash arguments here from forums as large or larger than diyAudio, yes?

If not, then I don't see any point to having made the "lesser" distinction in the first place other than to be condescending.

se

I looked at the first post of the aforementioned thread and decided not to read any further. Having visited John’s site it is clear to me that he has invested hundreds of hours building his knowledge, refining his skills, and sharing it with all of us, free of charge.
How incredibly insensitive of somebody to send him an email containing the phrase:

“I see you as very early in the learning curve with some of this stuff and I'd like to help you”

John gave that Chihuahua a very humane treatment. I would not have simply kicked it, but rather stomped the holly stuffing out of it.

:D

spot on grimberg

about the lesser forums, cmon man, a forum where the moderator also sells drivers and is being so hypocrytical and condescending about a man who has contributed so much to diy can only be called a "lesser forum" in a good day and good mood :D i'd have more plain and proper words for that.

seriously, respect have it's limits. When you see someone like danny waving the respect flag so high and being so insulting in the same sentences, aside of giving me the need of being immediately violent, makes me seriously understand why john participates so little in this kind of forums

Thank you John K.

Another supporter of John Krutke-

Thank you for the time and effort you have spent compiling one of the the most comprehensive websites on driver performance out there.

If I had discovered John's website sooner, I wouldn't have shelves full of 6.5" drivers sitting around unused because of low output!

Don't let the negatives drag you down!

JJ

MY FIRST POST ON THIS FORUM

I have never posted, usually just read. But after reading this thread I would like to say THANKS to John for all the great work he has posted on the net. I just ordered all the hardware to build his Waveguide TMM Yesterday. Till now all the speakers I built were from mathamatical formulas and a lot of trial and error. Cant wait.
Thanks again John for all the works you have posted!
You have more support than you know, Keep doing what you do and helping others to learn.

I appreciate John's website too!

In fact, i just purchased a driver he didn't particularly like, the Fostex 165k.

I really like this driver dispite John's comments. But I did appreciate the data provided and i did appreciate his honest opinion. Then i made my own decision.

One day i believe he may reconsider his views on full range drivers. In the meantime, i enjoy his website.

Godzilla

There is no need to take sides. If you've been on the Madisound forum long enough, you know there are strong differences of opinions that have led to heated arguments. Some of them have been classic and continue to this day. And Danny has been a participant. I think this may be John K's first. And he has been around long enough to know not to take it personally.

I hope John demonstrates strength and professionalism to take the criticism and keep doing what he has been doing. In a nutshell, this is a big misunderstanding. Danny does not agree with the methods used by JohnK and wants a discussion. Sure, Danny didn't use the best way to ask John. But, they could still have an open discussion supporting their approach to measurements.

With JohnK staying absent, there can be no discussion. That's a shame as I expect John to have more of a fighting spirit.

Come on John, you have seen this before! Now, it's happening to you. Don't let this go. Deal with it the right way and stick to the merits of your work!

In the big picture, DIY will go on with or without you and Danny.
IMHO.

Al

Re: Thank you John K.

jupiterjune said:

shelves full of 6.5" drivers sitting around unused ....

oh really... what ya gots in your pocketses ??

I got email if you have anything you might not want ;-)

ps: Both John and Danny have helped me out in the past. I must admit I really don't want to take sides in this or even to make any comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.