DIY hardware

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought some plumbing parts from Lowes during a blowout sale and made a neat set of feet for a floorstander I'm making.

The caps press fit into the tees and an iron pipe screws into the tee. A couple of U-bolts and you have an incredibly strong base. Sanded and painted them then topped them off with a rubber drain washer and a drawer knob.

Also picked up some solid brass drain caps and made them into speaker terminals using these posts.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-314

Raw parts in foreground.

IMG]
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/IMG]

pinkmouse said:
I like the terminal plates, nice work! We only get cast iron or plastic over here though.

The terminal plates normally would be an expensive ($25) piece to use but I got them for $1.25/ea, on clearance. I actually bought them for the plastic shallow funnel shaped piece it was attached to that I thought could make a waveguide.

The feet/caps aren't as bad at $2-$3 normally but the clearance was $.08 for the tees and $.03 for the caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.