Mission 753 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone !

I'm looking into cloning Mission 753 floorstanders but after research, I found out very few information about them. (beside mission's user guide)

Is there anyone who have information (plan, drivers, cross-over etc...) or best, have a pair for real and could share information about it ?

I fell in love with those several years ago but could not afford them.

Thank you !

Sorry for the bad pic ;)

Attachments

• mis_753.jpg
    mis_753.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 333
Hi,

The front top half of the cabinet is sealed off and loads the top two
bass/ mid drivers. The bottom two are reflexed into the rest of the
volume - which is at least 2 times the sealed volume.

The crossover is 2.5 way with the driver pairs in series.

Similar in principle to : http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Auriga.html

For a budget clone i'd use the silver flute W14RC25-8,
not so budget the Seas CA15RLY. And a Seas tweeter.

:)/sreten.

if its the concept of having T MM WW concept is what made you love the 753, by all means go DIY

Now if its the sound of the 753, that your after. Finding a used pair might be a better option, as cloning the 753 using different parts will produce a different sound

if its the concept of having T MM WW concept is what made you love the 753, by all means go DIY

lol ! :) Unfortunately, it's not only the concept. I always loved mission 75X series sound. (753, 754 Freedom 5) I know that many would probably say that there's a lot of floorstanders that sounds 1000x better (like ProAc 2.5 maybe ?) and they're probably right but I just like the way the Mission sounds.

If a perfect "clone" isn't a realistic project (such as the difficulty of getting drivers), then I'll have 2 choices :
1. Buy a used pair (no no)
2. Design a new project but heavily inspired by the 753 ;)

Thanks for your comments, I'll keep you posted

Regards,

Emmanuel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.