The "Elsinore Project" Thread - Page 71 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2011, 03:34 AM   #701
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Hi Joe,

is it worth considering getting these made out of plastic, I bet someone on this forum has the means? You have obviously got a good mould.
Old 10th February 2011, 06:32 PM   #702
diyAudio Member

Default North America wave guide GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rasmussen View Post
Hi Guys

Steve and I had a good discussion and we have made some decisions you guys might be interested in.

Of course Group Buys will be negotiated with Steve - at this stage have not yet decided on any details. But if they are all sent to the same address, say in the US, then the saving on Air freight alone will help.

Cheers, Joe R.
Joe,

Thanks for the wave guide information and pictures and also the future dimensions and drawings.

If everybody that responded earlier is still with us, including BHD and mantraxl, we have 7 in our group, assuming the final cost is acceptable to everybody. We shall appreciate it if you and Steve would let us know how to proceed the negotiations.

Thanks,
Francois
Old 11th February 2011, 04:39 AM   #703
diyAudio Member

Gday All
My first post so be gentle with me.
First batch of waveguides will be sent to Joe next Monday.
Long time follower of this thread.
Elsinores has been my first effort in the DIY audio world and I am blown away with the results.
A couple of photos of my pair attached (I hope)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elsinore SZ2.JPG (294.4 KB, 615 views)
Old 11th February 2011, 11:55 AM   #704
diyAudio Member

Greenpea, excellent photo. There gorgeous!

Thanks for working on the waveguides and looking forward to seeing the plans.

Thanks again, Joel
Old 11th February 2011, 01:22 PM   #705
diyAudio Member

Hello

Just wondering if it matters if the drivers are installed, rotated by 90 degrees?
So the flats of the speaker sides are vertical with the side of the cabinet instead of horizontal.
Just for a different look thats all.

Well done greenpea looks great,the picture reminds me i still goto make the grille frame.Thanks for the waveguides.

Currently trying to set out the coils on a4 paper for best orientation any suggestion appreciated.
I was looking at humbles website and he packs the stuff really close together, couldn't find one with five coils though.I did see his write up on coil placement but the five on one board got me.

Cheers Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1155909.jpg (120.3 KB, 497 views)
Old 12th February 2011, 03:24 AM   #706
diyAudio Member

Pictures 2 and 3..

I,m thinking picture 2 as it keeps the coils relative to the wiring diagram.(V5)
Less chance of me stuffing it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1167.jpg (103.9 KB, 448 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1168.jpg (96.1 KB, 422 views)

Last edited by spoonted; 12th February 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12th February 2011, 03:58 AM   #707
diyAudio Member

Picture 4 more compact but is the orientation of the two larger coils on the right ok.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1172.jpg (104.8 KB, 411 views)
Old 12th February 2011, 03:53 PM   #708
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonted View Post
Hello

Just wondering if it matters if the drivers are installed, rotated by 90 degrees?
So the flats of the speaker sides are vertical with the side of the cabinet instead of horizontal.
Just for a different look thats all.

<snip>

Currently trying to set out the coils on a4 paper for best orientation any suggestion appreciated.
I was looking at humbles website and he packs the stuff really close together, couldn't find one with five coils though.I did see his write up on coil placement but the five on one board got me.

Cheers Paul
Hi Paul,

Changing the driver orientation should make no difference, as long as you manage your wire connections.

My layout is most like your Pic 1.

Apparently lab measurements indicate that any crosstalk is very low after about 50 mm between coils I usually go or the greatest separation allowed by the dimensions of the mounting area (or box). Another rule of thumb says that when you look straight through the whole of a coil you should not see another coil behind it, especially not one with the same coil orientation. Pic 1 looks the best in this regard also.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

Francois
Old 12th February 2011, 04:03 PM   #709
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpea View Post
Gday All
My first post so be gentle with me.
First batch of waveguides will be sent to Joe next Monday.
Long time follower of this thread.
Elsinores has been my first effort in the DIY audio world and I am blown away with the results.
A couple of photos of my pair attached (I hope)
Good news about the waveguides and congrats with your superb looking Elsinores. They speak volumes about your craftsmanship.

As you know from earlier posts we have 7 people in the US that expressed interest in group buying 7 pairs of waveguides, pending the final cost. Would you and/or Joe prefer to proceed by private mail in our discussions?

Then please send PM to me.

Thanks,
Francois
Old 12th February 2011, 04:30 PM   #710
diyAudio Member

Default GB list from North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois G View Post

As you know from earlier posts we have 7 people in the US that expressed interest in group buying 7 pairs of waveguides, pending the final cost.

Thanks,
Francois
The 7 folks on the interest list (each with one pair) are:
BHD
ben-jam-in (representing Canada - Ben and Matt, 1 pair each)
donkt88
Francois G
Johngalt47
mantraxl

Apologies if I missed anyone who tried to contact me - please let me know. If there are more of you out there please send PM

Francois

Hide this!Advertise here!