The "Elsinore Project" Thread - Page 164 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2013, 02:46 PM   #1631
tpate is offline tpate  United States
diyAudio Member

My room is 3m by 6m. The Elsinores are set up along the long wall and about 1m from the back wall. I have to open the door of the room to let the lowest notes develop. The speakers can be set much wider apart than most. They do boom in the bass if I get them too close to the corners. My room is very "dead" with a lot of sound treatment and bass traps in the corners. The speakers virtually disappear when playing with a large deep soundstage. I have an Audio Note 300b amp and it is just barely enough power to run them. But with the limited power, especially in the bass region, you should be fine. In fact when I use mine with the 300b amp I run a sub.
Old 3rd December 2013, 06:11 PM   #1632
diyAudio Member

The Elsinore a very BIG speakers, in a small room you may consider building the Nomex164 from Troels Gravesen, they use also the 830875 and the 810921 but are NOT the same speakers

Last edited by Pascal GUERIN; 3rd December 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 13th December 2013, 06:29 PM   #1633
qingcai is offline qingcai  United States
diyAudio Member

have you build them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal GUERIN View Post
The Elsinore a very BIG speakers, in a small room you may consider building the Nomex164 from Troels Gravesen, they use also the 830875 and the 810921 but are NOT the same speakers
Old 17th December 2013, 03:08 AM   #1634
diyAudio Member

Default Cross over componants

Can someone please give me some advice as to where they sourced the more critical components of the crossovers within Australia? particularly high quality inductors?

Or does anyone have a set of finished crossovers they are willing to sell? (my skills lay more on the cabinet making side, the electronics is going to challenge me a lot more.)
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:36 PM   #1635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qingcai View Post
have you build them?
Yes, you can have a look at my blog :

Construction d'enceintes "Nomex 164" - Le blog de pguerin

But still thinking of building the Elsinore ... Maybe in when i will be in my now home on march
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:14 PM   #1636
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Joe Rasmussen
Hi Guys

I know it has taken some time, in fact too long, but the work on the elusive Hamlets has started and in January the project will being coming together. The first stage of computer modelling is on the way. This last year has been the busiest business wise, in fact it has revolved around my work with Oppo players - which threatened to take over my life. But January is always a little slow and I won't mind. So it is a promise for January.

Cheers, Joe R.
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:24 PM   #1637
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson128 View Post
Can someone please give me some advice as to where they sourced the more critical components of the crossovers within Australia? particularly high quality inductors?

Or does anyone have a set of finished crossovers they are willing to sell? (my skills lay more on the cabinet making side, the electronics is going to challenge me a lot more.)
Hi, you should find everything you need on SpeakerBug's site SpeakerBug, capacitors, inductors, resistors, crossover parts, speaker supplies I have several new parts for the crossovers that I'm willing to sell at half price of the retail cost. Most parts are Erse Audio brand. pm me if you are interested for the list of parts
Old 24th December 2013, 01:28 AM   #1638
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Joe Rasmussen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson128 View Post
Can someone please give me some advice as to where they sourced the more critical components of the crossovers within Australia?
I get the Jantzen Superior Z Caps from SpeakerBug, capacitors, inductors, resistors, crossover parts, speaker supplies and he accepts PayPal and if you choose the Yellow Express option, you get it the following day. The Jantzen coils are good too.

Remember when I placed an order and he got payment and it said for him to send to Bjoern Rasmussen. So in the email he sent, he assured me it would be sent that afternoon and arrive the following day, which was Friday. Then in the end he asked "Are you related to Joe Rasmussen?"

Cheers, Joe
Old 26th December 2013, 08:04 AM   #1639
Damijan is offline Damijan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Hamlets

Hi Joe

While your working on the hamlets, is there any chance that you could reduce the overall height and maybe add it to the length perhaps?
Old 29th December 2013, 08:54 PM   #1640
qingcai is offline qingcai  United States
diyAudio Member

thanks, looking for you next build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal GUERIN View Post
Yes, you can have a look at my blog :

Construction d'enceintes "Nomex 164" - Le blog de pguerin

But still thinking of building the Elsinore ... Maybe in when i will be in my now home on march

Hide this!Advertise here!