crossover for seas 27TFFC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi can any one help me and recomend a type of crossover for this tweeter I am crossing it now at 3khz with 12db/oct but I hear some times sssss and I dont like it. Can I use a 18db on tweeter and 12db on midbase . Any help is great.
Or attenuate it ....

Ivan

Without having even seen the driver / response in question, Zaph has given you a pretty good idea.

Since the woofer's peak is between 4-5KHz, and it is 5+dB - a steeper crossover probably won't be enough at a 3KHz crossover point.

A series notch filter might be what you are after. This is an inductor, capacity and resistor in series, that are then wired parallel to the woofer. www.lalena.com provides some textbook formulas that might get you in the ballpark. However, this could be hit and miss (dependent on the resistance the circuit will see at the frequency - which is not the same as the driver resistance at that frequency). You will probably also change the phase response through the crossover region by adding a LCR filter. So although you might get a flatter frequency response, it may help (or make worse) the phase response.

David.

I have a RLC parallel notch filter on the woofer it is calculated to compensate for that bump and the sibilance is not coming from the woofer because I disconnected the tweeter and heard it then and attenuate the tweeter 3db. The sibilance did not came from the woofer.The woofer has a Zobel

the sibilance is now almoust gone.I dont have any equipment to measure the woofer SPL in the box .

You ware of great help guys , sorry for my english

Hi,

Possibly baffle step compensation and attenuating the tweeter by
the amount of baffle step compensation you use (assuming it is
already level matched to the bass/mid) will cure your problem.

4dB to 5dB of baffle step is the most common amount used.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.