please need advice on mid/woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
an excellent mid/bass driver, but for electronic music I don't think it goes low enough, for satisfactory lows I think you need a response down to the low 30s. This driver with a sub of some sort would be an excellent arrangement (or a 2.5 way).

As for tweeters, Peerless make good ones, as do SEAS, I'd probably use one with a low FS so you can cross over around 2Khz
SEAS 27TBFC/G is a very good choice

PeteMcK said:
He means steeply,
babelfish gives me 'en pente rapide'

C'est ce que j'ai voulu dire, mais etant donne que la plupart des gens ne parlent pas francais je l'ai dit en anglais.

En tout cas, la frequence de 2000 Hertz est bien choisie, mais vous voulez une pente de 24 dB/octave sinon vous allez avoir des pepins aux alentours de 4 kHz parce que la reponse du woofer sera de trop, meme apres le crossover.

Ceci dit, je vais me taper un verre de vin de Californie. Sante!

Thanks for all these good informations.

I think i'll build these one, and maybe if i want more bass, build a sub.((-i' have just finished two fullrange with sph-60x from monacor, good definition of the sound but under 60hz the bass are really really bad-))

Sreten, thanks for the url, many good things about the filter.
now i have to work...
DSP_Geek, merci pour l'explication en français... c'est plus clair, (i have to work my english !!)

Just one other question, about the phazing, how to calculate, where do i put the drivers?
And for the cabinet design, i've read on the web that it's better to have a deep cabinet and a not too large front baffle, it is right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.