in search of specs for jbl 10gg01's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
awhile ago i bought a pair of jbl 12gg01's at a surplus store, got the specs for them, and then built enclosures for them..

3 cu. ft ported @ 32 hz.. with a flat response down to something around 47-48 hz...

unfortunately now, the store i got the 12gg01's from no longer sells anymore of them... but they do sell the 10" version the 10gg01's...

im planning on building another set of enclosures for the 10gg01's but have been unable to acquire the specs for the 10gg01's...

my question is would anyone know where i could acquire the specs for the 10gg01's or be able to get an estimate of what the enclosure parameters for the 10gg01's would be from looking at the 12gg01 specs..

12gg01 specs

jbl 12" subwoofer, neoprene surround, 2" kapton 4 layer voice coil, 40 oz ceramic magnet.
price $40 CDN ea.

Re(ohms)5.30
Fs(hz)24.80
Le(mh) 3.44
Mms(g)97.81
Qm 8.14
Cms(mm/n)418.47
Qe 0.331 Rms(Ns/m)1.88
QT 0.318
Vas(L)164.30
Xmax(mm)4.20
Sd(cm^2)0.053
BL(Tm) 15.18
EBP 75.00
EFF(%) 1.92
SPL(db) 91.00

rear sound radiation & bass

There is the posibility to cover the backside of the driver with cloth, wool or glassfiber. this will increase the power handling in the bassregion, give a little mor bass output, & it also makes it less important to treat the wall behind the speakers with absorbing material. This calls for a bit of trial & error, but if it results in a better sounding speaker... I'm going to try it on my (really ugly)open baffles anyway...

/Per

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Chester:

I downloaded JBL's Specs pdf but it did not list the 10gg01's.

If worse comes to worse, try this reasoning. Most speakers in a manufacturers line tend to be built with similar philosophies. While it can happen that a 12" from a line could have a Qts of .3 and be made for a ported box, while the 10" has a Qts of .55 and be made for a sealed box, this doesn't happen all that often.

If you cannot locate the specs, I would estimate the sensitivity to be 90, the Vas to be 90 liters, and the Fs to be around 30. That is my guess, if you cannot find the numbers and don't want to measure parameters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.