partsexpress super cheap drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Depends on the application. High end? Patio speaker? AV system?
Speaking for myself (sure to cause riots among the video critters), I'm not as picky about the sound on my AV system as I am with the main system. Don't get me wrong, they're nice speakers (Ariels for front L&R, ME-2s for the rest--a nod to Lynn Olsen for the designs), but I can get by with a lot less sound quality if Harrison Ford is shooting some bad guy on screen than if the sound is all there is.
Figure out what you want to do with them and how important sound quality is to you. Don't expect to get a high end driver for that price, but mid-fi might be attainable.

Grey

They are indeed Definitve speakers. Many different sources confirm this. I own 4 of these 5.25" woofers and a pair of Seas H537-06 tweeters (aluminum dome, also at parts express). They are for an MTM project.

I want to get my hands on a pair of the cast-frame Pioneer woofers from MCM as well as a pair of the 2.25" Pioneer fullrange drivers and make a weird hodgepodge of bose-type stuff (a wave-cannon midbass section and a little transmisison line enclosure for the Pioneer driver, which is even of higher quality than the Bose Jewel Cube). That might be a fun thing to show off up at Purdue University here in Indiana (which is an engineering school where I am going to go for college.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.